Everything posted by The Dawg
-
Bourbon County 6 George Rogers Clark 0
I hope your right like to see Tony get one !
-
Bourbon County 6 George Rogers Clark 0
I agree with you 100% but the best all around team doesn't always win it. That's what makes fast pitch softball so exciting to watch is it only takes a couple of errors and not having your A game that day and the next thing you know your season is over
-
Bourbon County 6 George Rogers Clark 0
The answer should be NO. But they had the most talent the last 2 years in the 10th as well & Nicholas beat them in 2012 & Montgomery beat them in 2013 so only time will tell. They are 41-7 in the 10th region since 2012 but never one the big game. It should be fun to watch
-
Notre Dame 2 Boone County 1 (9th Region 1st Round)
I agree ! It was hit hard but if she catches it flips it to 2nd for the force inning over!
-
10th Region championship: Montgomery County 2 Bourbon County 0
Unbelievable they beat Montgomery three times outscoring them 34-7 and get shut out in the finals of the regional hard to believe
-
Campbell County 13 Bracken County 3 (10th Region First Round)
This was a big upset for sure. If they was to play 10 more times CC might beat them once but thats beside the point CC took care of business on the one that mattered. Goes to show you better be ready to play every night. Great job by the 37th district on winning 2 games they weren't suppose to win and good luck tomorrow night
-
Bishop Brossart 6 Nicholas County 4 (10th Region First Round)
Congrats to Brossart they really played the leather today. Much improved team from the last time I seen them play.
-
The Problem With Coach Associations All-Star Teams
Smith not being first team is crazy !!!! I would also like to see the votes from each team. I would guess there are some coaches who vote for weaker players to help their players out. JMO How does holy Cross coaching staff not get Moran on the list ??
-
Newport Central Catholic 2 Highlands 1 (36th District Championship)
Sounds like a great game. no doubt these two teams with the scores this year are evenly matched the regional will be fun to watch play out. can't wait to see some games
-
Brossart 8 Campbell County 5 ( 37th District finals)
I really thought Campbell had a shot at beating Brossart this year with them having a down year. good luck to both teams in the regional.
-
Who do you have in 10th Region Tournament
For sure Bourbon's the team to beat. They should of won it last year as well but it didnt happen. Only time will tell if they get can get it done this year.
-
Bishop Brossart @ Newport Central Catholic (5-2) Predictions
Here's what I think about stats & voting for MVP and first team ect. Its usually never right. First off it doesnt matter what the team record is. 2nd teams dont play the same schedule. 3rd I'm sure some coaches dont vote for the deserving one either because they dont like that particular school or coach or maybe it will hurt one of there players chances . ( WHICH IS A SHAME ) so really it just comes down to a bunch of us old guys & women to chat about it on bluegrass preps.
-
What's going on with the Walton-Verona program???
I agree 100% ! No way this girls shouldn't have the opportunity to finish there season. Parents everywhere get out of control . Parents need to sit in the stands and cheer their daughter and team on and leave it at that. Win or lose or how good or bad they play be positive with them and it begins with showing respect to the other teams players.
-
9th Region mid season top 10
Thanks, thats what I kinda figured !
-
9th Region mid season top 10
Is this game still on tonight ?
-
St. Henry 3 Bishop Brossart 0
I wasnt there either but yor right sounds like a big call. Alot different thinking down 1 run vs 3 runs late in the innings. Congrats to ST. Henry on the win
-
St. Elizabeth Healthcare and Commonwealth Orthopaedic To Sponsor Pete Noll Tourney
I kinda seen that as well in this game. I watched a little bit of the BBHS & Carroll County game Friday night and it was like watching a whole different team. ( Broossart did look flat ) I think by pulling his starters he was trying to send a message to them. But the message Brossart coach hopefully got was he has a pretty good group of young players that can play
-
9th Region pre season top 10
I still think it comes down to Ryle & Conner with ND just behind. But Until someone else wins that region I'm sticking with Ryle. JMO
-
St. Elizabeth Healthcare and Commonwealth Orthopaedic To Sponsor Pete Noll Tourney
Your right Lawnboy about the ending of this game was exciting. BBHS coach took his starting lineup out in the 5th inning and played his bench ( was told 7 of the 9 were freshman ) he got alot out of those young ladys for sure. Have to give him credit for not putting the varsity players back in the game when it got close. That was great experience for those young players. Was fun to watch
-
St. Elizabeth Healthcare and Commonwealth Orthopaedic To Sponsor Pete Noll Tourney
Brossart over Lloyd 10-0 Brossart over Carroll County 5-1 Knoch over Brossart 16-9 Highlands over Brossart 9-8 These may not be exact but there close
-
St. Elizabeth Healthcare and Commonwealth Orthopaedic To Sponsor Pete Noll Tourney
Louisville Christian won 5 - 2. Head coach & one player from Knoch got tossed . Coach got a little crazy over the play at 3rd and the girl got tossed for language.
-
Bracken County 5 Covington Holy Cross 4
I agree she is solid on the mound. I know she took one off the shin against ND. Hopefully she is OK
-
Christian Academy-Louisville 5 - Knoch, Pa 2 (Pete Noll Tourney Championship)
I agree 2 best teams played for the championship. I thought Conner had a chance to slow down the hitting of Knoch but that wasnt the case. Alot of good games and a shout ot to Coach Baynum & AD Mel Webster for putting on a very competive tourney. Very well ran, It was great to see all the teams out and playing.
-
9th Region vs 10th Region
I would agree with you on the pitching. The 10th has some pretty good pitchers also !
-
9th Region vs 10th Region
I still think it would be a fun weekend of softball to have a 9th vs 10th tournament. I brought this up in a thread last year to try & do this early in the year. It would take someone to get it organized of course but just think of some of the matchups you could have . I do think the 10th is very deep this year. In the years past you had Montgomery & Clark and then everyone else . But now I think there's 7 teams that could win the region this year. If I had to pick the favorite it would probably be Bourbon or Harrison and the other five not far behind. As far as the 9th you have to put Ryle on top until someone else wins that region and there are probably 3 teams behind them ( Conner, ND & Boone ) Of course this is JMO !