Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's going on with the Walton-Verona program???

Featured Replies

Was informed this afternoon that the Walton-Verona softball program could be shutdown for the remainder of the season. According to my source there will be a meeting Sunday with parents to discuss the issues surrounding this situation. Apparantly there was a confrontation on the field Thursday night at N. Oldham where a W-V parent had to be escorted off the field by police. Also was told a N. Oldham parent drove all the way up to W-V HS this afternoon to speak with the principal about this incident. My source also informed me that at a game two weeks ago another incident involving W-V parents came to a "head".

 

I understand this might seem far-fetched, however this source has been 99% right with info in the past thus the reason for this post. Anyone willing to confirm or deny this?

  • Replies 48
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't surprise me. Great school, but parents in that district are out of their mind. For real.

I don't know anything about the situation but if your info is accurate, it's quite unfortunate for the girls who love the game...I thought the pitcher was one of the best we faced last year.

If this is true, why punish the players? Just ban the parent(s) from attending the games.

If this is true, why punish the players? Just ban the parent(s) from attending the games.

 

I agree 100% ! No way this girls shouldn't have the opportunity to finish there season. Parents everywhere get out of control . Parents need to sit in the stands and cheer their daughter and team on and leave it at that. Win or lose or how good or bad they play be positive with them and it begins with showing respect to the other teams players.

Yeah punish the kids bc of some adults that seems fair. I don't know what's going on out there but they would be a lot better to clean house than to punish the kids.

And ya wonder why I am the way I am about WV!!!

  • Author

Wonder if Hannah Thacker could come to NewCath in a package deal with the Moeves boys? :lol2:

  • Author

Sarge, any info you could pass along?

I'm loving this thread right now

Wonder if Hannah Thacker could come to NewCath in a package deal with the Moeves boys? :lol2:

 

I would say that's funny but I'm guessing your probably dead serious.

Saw a game down at Rivershore 3 years ago and could verify this first hand.

 

While waiting on another game, I popped over to watch a game between WV and a team from Lexington (don't recall the team they were playing). They were tearing the umpires apart (both coaches) and were making comments back and forth. This spilled into the stands where WV parents were making comments back and forth and the 2 umpires stopped the game and warned fans, players, and coaches that if it continued, the game would be a double forfeit.

 

About a half an inning later, it picked right back up.

 

Long story short, WV's coach threw a temper tantrum after the game and said he wouldn't play on the field if the 2 umpires remained at the field (believe it was Seth Wiggins & Judi Paul) and held the girls hostage to make a scene. The tourney director came out and said if you don't play, you forfeit. He stormed on the field and said fine and played the game.

 

Never seen anything like this in all my years around baseball or softball. Just not surprised to hear something like this after what I saw a few years ago.

Sarge, any info you could pass along?

I was not at this game so I don't have any info on it. Hopefully whatever is going on is solved.

Basketball, softball. There is no doubt these people are the worst.

  • Author
I would say that's funny but I'm guessing your probably dead serious.

 

Really???? :rolleyes:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.