Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's going on with the Walton-Verona program???

Featured Replies

WOW! What little bit do you know. The AD and the principal conducted the meetings and yes, he does have some authority over the coaches. Also, it is not Coach Anderson's brother and sister-in-law who are the problem makers. It is the parent who acted like a fool at North Oldham. Going on the field and challenging Coach Anderson is a real problem. He was way out of line and is instigating all of this stuff. Additionally, if you think Coach Anderson's father has no idea what he is talking about, then I have to laugh at you. You really don't know how much experience he has with fast pitch and I find it comical that you made that statement. He has forgot more about the game than you will ever know!!!

In response to who told who, it doesn't really matter. Nothing is a secret at Walton. People talk but no one takes responsibility for what us said.

My post wasn't real clear. I was not saying that it was Mr. Anderson that was causing problems. He certainly does know the game. As far as Coach Anderson's brother and sister-in-law....YES - they are a major problem along with the person you mentioned running out on to the field at North Oldham.
  • Replies 48
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My post wasn't real clear. I was not saying that it was Mr. Anderson that was causing problems. He certainly does know the game. As far as Coach Anderson's brother and sister-in-law....YES - they are a major problem along with the person you mentioned running out on to the field at North Oldham.

 

Okay. Glad everything is clarified.

So what was the outcome of the meeting?

 

In a nutshell: coaches will coach, players will play and parents will be spectators. Parents behaviors will be addressed from this point on and if problems continue to arise, they will be prohibited from watching the games.

So I guess we can talk about people's family and their name in here! If so lets start talking!

Your informant is only 30% correct. I was at the game against North Oldham.

The police were not involved. A middle school coach escorted the parent to the parking lot. The W-V coach told the parent to "come out here (field) and settle his problem". Of course a few choice words were falling off the lips of the coach as well as an older lady on the W-V side line.

You should recognize that the parents are not always proper, but your coach owns this, he pushed the right buttons that evening. He has been unprofessional on more than one occasion within games in this region, just ask the umpires.

It's funny how this story has grown, but I agree that the girls should not be punished due to a rouge coach or parents.

Hopefully the AD will listen to all parties involved.

I can't speak to the fact that a parent drove 75 miles to complain, that sounds odd.

  • Author
In a nutshell: coaches will coach, players will play and parents will be spectators. Parents behaviors will be addressed from this point on and if problems continue to arise, they will be prohibited from watching the games.

 

This is about what my source said, principal and/or the AD will be attending the remaining games on the schedule, to more or less, "babysit" parents, and if anyone gets out of line they get banned from further functions.

This is about what my source said, principal and/or the AD will be attending the remaining games on the schedule, to more or less, "babysit" parents, and if anyone gets out of line they get banned from further functions.

 

How would you like have a school official babysit you at a game, must be pretty embarrassing.

Wonder if Hannah Thacker could come to NewCath in a package deal with the Moeves boys? :lol2:

 

It probably would work out for her if they had another spot on the shrub crew or cafeteria sweeping if tuition is an issue.

  • Author
It probably would work out for her if they had another spot on the shrub crew or cafeteria sweeping if tuition is an issue.

 

New scholly opened up in the last few days up on the "hill", it's the Jenny Finch "I Need a New Home" scholorship. :sssh:

They could use a board washer too. Wasn't that a Chonzey job?

A great article! Its a good read for "Sports Parent" like myself who loves to watch their kids play sports, but sometimes needs a reminder what its all about! Good LUCK WV Parents working through the problems outside the lines, and hopefully the emphasis gets back on what is truly important! For the record in this sport it should be the young ladies that work hard to play a game "between the lines" for the LOVE of the GAME!

 

What Makes A Nightmare Sports Parent -- And What Makes A Great One | ThePostGame

I've had this article saved to my desktop for a while. It's a good one. Nice to pull up and read through on occasion.

A great article! Its a good read for "Sports Parent" like myself who loves to watch their kids play sports, but sometimes needs a reminder what its all about! Good LUCK WV Parents working through the problems outside the lines, and hopefully the emphasis gets back on what is truly important! For the record in this sport it should be the young ladies that work hard to play a game "between the lines" for the LOVE of the GAME!

 

What Makes A Nightmare Sports Parent -- And What Makes A Great One | ThePostGame

 

I have paid thousands upon thousands of dollars for my kid to play sports, so I fell like the car ride home is my time. I don't care what somebody writes about how it may affect a certain kid. Kidding (well mostly) I do hate to see kids playing that are not having fun. I am sure most parents have crossed the line more than once, but I always had a rule when I coached my kids and others if I got on them or yelled at them once it was my job to tell them good job at least 10 times.

I have paid thousands upon thousands of dollars for my kid to play sports, so I fell like the car ride home is my time. I don't care what somebody writes about how it may affect a certain kid. Kidding (well mostly) I do hate to see kids playing that are not having fun. I am sure most parents have crossed the line more than once, but I always had a rule when I coached my kids and others if I got on them or yelled at them once it was my job to tell them good job at least 10 times.

 

I totally agree, I call them coaching moments, then nothing but positive reinforcment.

A great article! Its a good read for "Sports Parent" like myself who loves to watch their kids play sports, but sometimes needs a reminder what its all about! Good LUCK WV Parents working through the problems outside the lines, and hopefully the emphasis gets back on what is truly important! For the record in this sport it should be the young ladies that work hard to play a game "between the lines" for the LOVE of the GAME!

 

What Makes A Nightmare Sports Parent -- And What Makes A Great One | ThePostGame

 

The problem I have with this article is that I believe it is not really realistic for today's athletes. Parents aren't driving their child home and berating their performance. Quite to the contrary, they are telling their child how awesome they are and how terrible their teammates are (if they lost) or how horrible their coach is (if they didn't get to play as much as parent thought they should). I think there probably are some parents who critique their child's play but not the majority.

 

This behavior is what irritates today's athletes and in 20 years we will see an article from some study that says the athletes that excelled at their sport or loved their sport the most were the ones whose parents came, watched, got them an ice cream after and didn't yell about the coach, playing time, teammates or the team. What parents forget is that when they criticize a coach/team they are splitting the player's loyalty. That is the main problem with youth sports today.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.