Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's going on with the Walton-Verona program???

Featured Replies

The problem I have with this article is that I believe it is not really realistic for today's athletes. Parents aren't driving their child home and berating their performance. Quite to the contrary, they are telling their child how awesome they are and how terrible their teammates are (if they lost) or how horrible their coach is (if they didn't get to play as much as parent thought they should). I think there probably are some parents who critique their child's play but not the majority.

 

This behavior is what irritates today's athletes and in 20 years we will see an article from some study that says the athletes that excelled at their sport or loved their sport the most were the ones whose parents came, watched, got them an ice cream after and didn't yell about the coach, playing time, teammates or the team. What parents forget is that when they criticize a coach/team they are splitting the player's loyalty. That is the main problem with youth sports today.

 

 

I guarantee you many dads are crossing the line on the car ride. Many of us have done it (and we regret it). I was a young dad/coach and had to force myself to not be the "here's what you did wrong" guy. Once I did it made it much more enjoyable and beneficial to my child.

 

Heck, you don't need to be in someone's car. I see parents coming up to the bench during the game and being negative with their child.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guarantee you many dads are crossing the line on the car ride. Many of us have done it (and we regret it). I was a young dad/coach and had to force myself to not be the "here's what you did wrong" guy. Once I did it made it much more enjoyable and beneficial to my child.

 

Heck, you don't need to be in someone's car. I see parents coming up to the bench during the game and being negative with their child.

 

Yeah not sure that wxyz and I run in the same circles bc I don't see to many parents taking it easy on their kids. There is a fine line and most have crossed it more than once.

 

 

 

Yeah I

I "run with" coaching circles more than parent circles I guess. So my viewpoint may be a bit different than yours based on that.

I "run with" coaching circles more than parent circles I guess. So my viewpoint may be a bit different than yours based on that.

 

That's mainly where I have been also...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.