St. Elizabeth Healthcare and Commonwealth Orthopaedic To Sponsor Pete Noll Tourney

BigGreenHorse

St. Elizabeth Healthcare Sportsmedicine and Commonwealth Orthopaedic Centers have signed on as sponsors for the 4th Annual Uncle Pete Noll Invitational March 22-23. The Tournament will feature 16 teams at Softball City. Each participant will receive a gift and t-shirts will be available to be purchased.

In answer to one of the big pressing questions. The fences will be arranged with tempory fences at 225 feet which will allow for 75 feet of warm up area on each field between the temporary fences and the permanent fences.

The Field

Bishop Brossart Alexandria, Ky.

Boone Co. Florence, Ky.

Bracken Co. Brooksville, Ky.

Campbell Co. Alexandria, Ky.

Carroll Co. Carrollton, Ky.

Christian Academy Louisville, Ky.

Conner Hebron, Ky.

Dixie Heights Crestview Hills, Ky.

Highlands Ft. Thomas, Ky.

Holy Cross Latonia, Ky.

Knoch Pittsburg, PA.

Lloyd Memorial Erlanger, Ky.

Ludlow Ludlow, Ky.

Nicholas Co. Carlisle, Ky.

Notre Dame Academy Covington, Ky.

St. Henry Erlanger, Ky.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
St. Elizabeth Healthcare Sportsmedicine and Commonwealth Orthopaedic Centers have signed on as sponsors for the 4th Annual Uncle Pete Noll Invitational March 22-23. The Tournament will feature 16 teams at Softball City. Each participant will receive a gift and t-shirts will be available to be purchased.

In answer to one of the big pressing questions. The fences will be arranged with tempory fences at 225 feet which will allow for 75 feet of warm up area on each field between the temporary fences and the permanent fences.

The Field

Bishop Brossart Alexandria, Ky.

Boone Co. Florence, Ky.

Bracken Co. Brooksville, Ky.

Campbell Co. Alexandria, Ky.

Carroll Co. Carrollton, Ky.

Christian Academy Louisville, Ky.

Conner Hebron, Ky.

Dixie Heights Crestview Hills, Ky.

Highlands Ft. Thomas, Ky.

Holy Cross Latonia, Ky.

Knoch Pittsburg, PA.

Lloyd Memorial Erlanger, Ky.

Ludlow Ludlow, Ky.

Nicholas Co. Carlisle, Ky.

Notre Dame Academy Covington, Ky.

St. Henry Erlanger, Ky.

Just curious why are the fences going to be 225, I believe most colleges are 190 to 210....I would think very few girls will be able to hit one out 225..

What's that mean? So does college players not hit em? I am fine with just wondering what made them choose 225
I'll explain. Back in the old days when we rolled in to a field and the fences were far or the wind was blowing in 40 mph, thats what we would say referring to hitting a homerun. As we entered Shelby County's field last year, my daughter looked at their long fences and said I doubt I can hit one outta here. I said you gotta hit em to get em, and she new what it meant. Yes 200 ft would have been better.

I'll explain. Back in the old days when we rolled in to a field and the fences were far or the wind was blowing in 40 mph, thats what we would say referring to hitting a homerun. As we entered Shelby County's field last year, my daughter looked at their long fences and said I doubt I can hit one outta here. I said you gotta hit em to get em, and she new what it meant. Yes 200 ft would have been better.

Well you are much older than me so I guess that's why I never heard that!!

Have to hit it a ton to get one out of there for sure.

High School regulations say fences need to be 185 to 225. We don't wnat games to0 be decided by home runs so we will be at maximum but regulation
Sounds like maybe you don't have any players that can hit home runs so you moved it back further so it would be harder for those who can.

High School regulations say fences need to be 185 to 225. We don't wnat games to0 be decided by home runs so we will be at maximum but regulation

Ok, after more thought I would be willing to bet the avg HS player hits on avg less than 1 out of the park homer a season. So why the thought process of not wanting games decided by HR's?