Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region mid season top 10

Featured Replies

Ok lets see how everyone see it so far.

 

1. Ryle, just win baby

 

2. NDA, losses out side of the 9th may be a concern

 

3. Boone, I think they have a little more talent than Conner

 

4. Conner, Solid team their offense is a bit of a concern

 

5. St Henry, they do just enough to win

 

6. New Cath, Solid team, needs more pitching

 

7. Highlands, Solid on offense needs to improve on defense and pitching

 

8. Holy Cross, decent pitching needs to find ways to win close games against good teams

 

9. Dixie, haven't heard much about them but seem to be a scrappy bunch

 

10. Beechwood/Newport

 

I would have everyone but Conner and Beechwood/Newport in the 9th region tourney. Of course Conner could win the 9th but I have to pick between Boone and Conner and right now I would take Boone. Can't see any other than Conner making the Region unless there is a big upset.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Beechwood take a step back this year? They do not seem to be the same team that ended last year beating NDA and making the Region.

Ok lets see how everyone see it so far.

 

1. Ryle, just win baby

 

2. NDA, losses out side of the 9th may be a concern

 

3. Boone, I think they have a little more talent than Conner

 

4. Conner, Solid team their offense is a bit of a concern

 

5. St Henry, they do just enough to win

 

6. New Cath, Solid team, needs more pitching

 

7. Highlands, Solid on offense needs to improve on defense and pitching

 

8. Holy Cross, decent pitching needs to find ways to win close games against good teams

 

9. Dixie, haven't heard much about them but seem to be a scrappy bunch

 

10. Beechwood/Newport

 

I would have everyone but Conner and Beechwood/Newport in the 9th region tourney. Of course Conner could win the 9th but I have to pick between Boone and Conner and right now I would take Boone. Can't see any other than Conner making the Region unless there is a big upset.

 

NDA plays Conner today depending on rain, what are your thoughts?

  • Author
Did Beechwood take a step back this year? They do not seem to be the same team that ended last year beating NDA and making the Region.

 

Yes it seems that way. They had a nice little run to end the year last year but that may have had as much to with NDA not playing well as much as it was about Beechwood. They just don't have the horses to run with most teams. That being said they do have a couple really nice HS players.

  • Author
NDA plays Conner today depending on rain, what are your thoughts?

 

My first thought is they will not play. My second thought would be first team to 3 wins. I don't see either team scoring a lot of runs. The Smith/Simms matchup is as good as it gets in the 9th. If Simms can limit the walks I think they have a chance.

Ok lets see how everyone see it so far.

 

1. Ryle, just win baby

 

2. NDA, losses out side of the 9th may be a concern

 

3. Boone, I think they have a little more talent than Conner

 

4. Conner, Solid team their offense is a bit of a concern

 

5. St Henry, they do just enough to win

 

6. New Cath, Solid team, needs more pitching

 

7. Highlands, Solid on offense needs to improve on defense and pitching

 

8. Holy Cross, decent pitching needs to find ways to win close games against good teams

 

9. Dixie, haven't heard much about them but seem to be a scrappy bunch

 

10. Beechwood/Newport

 

I would have everyone but Conner and Beechwood/Newport in the 9th region tourney. Of course Conner could win the 9th but I have to pick between Boone and Conner and right now I would take Boone. Can't see any other than Conner making the Region unless there is a big upset.

 

i'd say HHS has played enough defense to already have beaten St Henry and NCC. only losses for HHS are ND (twice), Conner (twice, 3-2 and 4-2) and Ryle.

i'd say HHS has played enough defense to already have beaten St Henry and NCC. only losses for HHS are ND (twice), Conner (twice, 3-2 and 4-2) and Ryle.

 

And not sure where improved pitching comes into play. their pitchers have done well.

  • Author
i'd say HHS has played enough defense to already have beaten St Henry and NCC. only losses for HHS are ND (twice), Conner (twice, 3-2 and 4-2) and Ryle.

 

I knew I should have just put HHS at number one bc if not they would come on here and complain.

 

HHS is giving up over 5 runs a game and your schedule isn't great. You lost big to NDA and Ryle and played close games against Conner, I would say Conner struggles to score. Could you have an arguement over being ahead of NCC and St Henry yes, but I didn't look at every teams stats before I posted it. You have two close wins against those teams so I would say it could go either way.

 

If you would like do your own poll and you can have HHS ranked 1-10 for all I care. And if you think your pitching is going to win you the region good luck, she may be doing ok but if HHS is going to beat one of the top teams and win the region they are going to have to try and out score them.

I knew I should have just put HHS at number one bc if not they would come on here and complain.

 

HHS is giving up over 5 runs a game and your schedule isn't great. You lost big to NDA and Ryle and played close games against Conner, I would say Conner struggles to score. Could you have an arguement over being ahead of NCC and St Henry yes, but I didn't look at every teams stats before I posted it. You have two close wins against those teams so I would say it could go either way.

 

If you would like do your own poll and you can have HHS ranked 1-10 for all I care. And if you think your pitching is going to win you the region good luck, she may be doing ok but if HHS is going to beat one of the top teams and win the region they are going to have to try and out score them.

 

really? did anyone say anything about number 1? and did anyone say they were winning the region??? settle down!

 

NOW our schedule isn't "that great". The only teams they've played that aren't in your top 10 are Bellevue (district game), Nicholas Co (region 10 defending champs), Brossart and Cooper. Brossart and Cooper don't seem to be their normal selfs, but they are typically pretty good.

 

7 of their 12 games have been against teams that you have ranked higher than them and 8 against your top 10. add Nich Co to that and up to 9 of their 12 games have been against quality opponents. pretty solid schedule. The other 3 are Bellevue, Brossart and Cooper.

 

 

Ryle did get the birds and you're right, it was the defense that let them down in that game. 9errors the day HHS let out for spring break. Ryle should have scored 2 runs. ND does have their number right now and Conner is very solid. but the birds have played and beaten everyone else. maybe not number 1.

 

they have made defensive changes and the errors are going down everytime they play. remember, they start 4 freshman, 2 sophs, 3 JRs and no SRs! they are 7-5 after playing a tough part of their schedule. things are looking good in caketown. (just admit it!) :up:

  • Author
really? did anyone say anything about number 1? and did anyone say they were winning the region??? settle down!

 

NOW our schedule isn't "that great". The only teams they've played that aren't in your top 10 are Bellevue (district game), Nicholas Co (region 10 defending champs), Brossart and Cooper. Brossart and Cooper don't seem to be their normal selfs, but they are typically pretty good.

 

7 of their 12 games have been against teams that you have ranked higher than them and 8 against your top 10. add Nich Co to that and up to 9 of their 12 games have been against quality opponents. pretty solid schedule. The other 3 are Bellevue, Brossart and Cooper.

 

 

Ryle did get the birds and you're right, it was the defense that let them down in that game. 9errors the day HHS let out for spring break. Ryle should have scored 2 runs. ND does have their number right now and Conner is very solid. but the birds have played and beaten everyone else. maybe not number 1.

 

they have made defensive changes and the errors are going down everytime they play. remember, they start 4 freshman, 2 sophs, 3 JRs and no SRs! they are 7-5 after playing a tough part of their schedule. things are looking good in caketown. (just admit it!) :up:

 

No but you are not happy about my unofficial poll and comments about your defense and pitching. There has been many posts by HHS people stating there defense has let them down in games. You fail to mention the Boone game also that was 7-0that got suspended in like the 4th inning.

 

And yes your schedule isn't great, its the same as most teams in the 9th region out side of maybe Ryle, Conner and Boone who travel around to play better competetion. No one is saying your schedule is bad its just like most so yes IMO it's not great.

 

And yes Caketown is going in the right direction, their time may or may not come but my comments or thoughts will have nothing to do with it either way. I think anyone could win the region this year, but still would say HHS is a year or two away. Yes your roster is fairly young but remember so is the vast majority of teams. Smith and Sims are both still only Soph's so HHS needs to find a way to beat them if they ever want a chance at the region.

Ok lets see how everyone see it so far.

 

1. Ryle, just win baby

 

2. NDA, losses out side of the 9th may be a concern

 

3. Boone, I think they have a little more talent than Conner

 

4. Conner, Solid team their offense is a bit of a concern

 

5. St Henry, they do just enough to win

 

6. New Cath, Solid team, needs more pitching

 

7. Highlands, Solid on offense needs to improve on defense and pitching

 

8. Holy Cross, decent pitching needs to find ways to win close games against good teams

 

9. Dixie, haven't heard much about them but seem to be a scrappy bunch

 

10. Beechwood/Newport

 

I would have everyone but Conner and Beechwood/Newport in the 9th region tourney. Of course Conner could win the 9th but I have to pick between Boone and Conner and right now I would take Boone. Can't see any other than Conner making the Region unless there is a big upset.

 

I agree with your poll. I think the teams you have at 1-4 are solid and can change positions within the top 4 during any week. Same goes for teams 5-9. And until any of those teams 5-9 beat Ryle, ND, Boone or Conner they will stay somewhere 5-9.

No but you are not happy about my unofficial poll and comments about your defense and pitching. There has been many posts by HHS people stating there defense has let them down in games. You fail to mention the Boone game also that was 7-0that got suspended in like the 4th inning.

 

And yes your schedule isn't great, its the same as most teams in the 9th region out side of maybe Ryle, Conner and Boone who travel around to play better competetion. No one is saying your schedule is bad its just like most so yes IMO it's not great.

 

And yes Caketown is going in the right direction, their time may or may not come but my comments or thoughts will have nothing to do with it either way. I think anyone could win the region this year, but still would say HHS is a year or two away. Yes your roster is fairly young but remember so is the vast majority of teams. Smith and Sims are both still only Soph's so HHS needs to find a way to beat them if they ever want a chance at the region.

 

they will have to beat those two at some point. however, those pitchers may not move on, but some of their defense will over the years. the birds haven't had many issues putting the ball in play against either one of them. simms had maybe 1 strikeout last night. she pitched good! birds just put the bat on the ball. just couldn't get a big hit. plenty of opportunities.

 

the schedule is not different in that the birds do play a lot of the same teams that other 9th regions teams play. however, most 9th region teams don't play the top 5-6 twice! that's the difference! Ryle, Boone, Conner, ND, NCC, Dixie all twice.

 

Boone hit the crap out of the ball the day HHS started that game with them. believe two girls hit their first HR's that day! it's in the top of the 4th. the birds have 4 swings at that, so I don't count that one out yet.

NDA plays Conner today depending on rain, what are your thoughts?

 

Is this game still on tonight ?

  • Author
I agree with your poll. I think the teams you have at 1-4 are solid and can change positions within the top 4 during any week. Same goes for teams 5-9. And until any of those teams 5-9 beat Ryle, ND, Boone or Conner they will stay somewhere 5-9.

 

I agree Porky, but I will add this the teams 5-9 have a lot better shot at knocking off one of the top 4 this year than in years past. May not happen but only time will tell. Nothing (well almost nothing) against Ryle and Conner but I would love to see a 9th region final where those two teams are not both in it.

 

On the preseason poll a lot of comments were, Ryle, Connor, NDA and maybe Boone then the rest bc it doesn't matter. I don't think that is the case this year, those teams are ahead of everyone else but if they don't bring it against the rest they could more easliy lose this year than in years past.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.