Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region mid season top 10

Featured Replies

No due to the rain.

 

Thanks, thats what I kinda figured !

  • Replies 31
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how I would rate them.

 

1. Ryle

2. Conner

3. ND

4. Boone

5. Highlands

6. St. Henry

7. Dixie

8. NCC

9. Holy Cross

10. Cooper

I think Ryle is solid 1. And Conner , Notre Dame and Boone could be listed in any order from 2-4 with little argument. You have to have 5.Highlands and 6.St Henry. 7. Dixie above NCC and Holy Cross without question. Holy Cross and NCC have zero good wins. Holy Cross has beaten Ludlow twice, Bellevue, Holmes, Dayton , Latin, and Beechwood. NCC is very similar. Scott twice, Beechwood, Villa, Bellevue, Holmes, and then the tie breaker of beating Holy Cross. Highlands schedule is fine and to discount their wins over St Henry and NCC already and put them below NCC and St Henry is a joke. Basically there is a huge gap between the top 6 with Dixie in the argument at sneaking in at 6. After that comes the next tier of Holy Cross and NCC and Cooper and Beechwood.

I think Ryle is solid 1. And Conner , Notre Dame and Boone could be listed in any order from 2-4 with little argument. You have to have 5.Highlands and 6.St Henry. 7. Dixie above NCC and Holy Cross without question. Holy Cross and NCC have zero good wins. Holy Cross has beaten Ludlow twice, Bellevue, Holmes, Dayton , Latin, and Beechwood. NCC is very similar. Scott twice, Beechwood, Villa, Bellevue, Holmes, and then the tie breaker of beating Holy Cross. Highlands schedule is fine and to discount their wins over St Henry and NCC already and put them below NCC and St Henry is a joke. Basically there is a huge gap between the top 6 with Dixie in the argument at sneaking in at 6. After that comes the next tier of Holy Cross and NCC and Cooper and Beechwood.

 

Hats off to Rob Coffey for getting the Birds going. Good to see them heading in the right direction.

 

With that said there seems to be a HUGE gap between the top 4 and the rest.

  • Author
Hats off to Rob Coffey for getting the Birds going. Good to see them heading in the right direction.

 

With that said there seems to be a HUGE gap between the top 4 and the rest.

 

I would say a HUGE gap would be a little off.

I would say a HUGE gap would be a little off.

 

I do admit you would know better than I.

 

But, to no one's surprise, I still think I'm right.:D

  • Author
I do admit you would know better than I.

 

But, to no one's surprise, I still think I'm right.:D

 

It is hard to go head to head with a BGP legend but every now an then you need to.

 

I do think those teams are ahead of the rest but not by a lot. I say that bc Ryle was 1 hit by NCC, Conner has had close games vs Highlands and HC, Boone is the same needing extra innings to beat HC and NDA has had a couple not great losses, and that is just to name a few games off the top of my head.

The top 4 are definitely who have to go through to make it to the region championship. This year I think though that there could be a non top 4 team in the finals the gap between everyone is not as it was in the past. The 5-10 teams are all solid just each has an area that can hurt them against the other 5-10 teams and definitely against the top 4.

  • Author
I think Ryle is solid 1. And Conner , Notre Dame and Boone could be listed in any order from 2-4 with little argument. You have to have 5.Highlands and 6.St Henry. 7. Dixie above NCC and Holy Cross without question. Holy Cross and NCC have zero good wins. Holy Cross has beaten Ludlow twice, Bellevue, Holmes, Dayton , Latin, and Beechwood. NCC is very similar. Scott twice, Beechwood, Villa, Bellevue, Holmes, and then the tie breaker of beating Holy Cross. Highlands schedule is fine and to discount their wins over St Henry and NCC already and put them below NCC and St Henry is a joke. Basically there is a huge gap between the top 6 with Dixie in the argument at sneaking in at 6. After that comes the next tier of Holy Cross and NCC and Cooper and Beechwood.

 

Let me help you take off your cake eating glasses.

 

You have Ryle as a solid #1 and NCC played them better than any good team that HHS has played. Yes HHS has played Conner close twice but Conner will play in a lot of close games due to the fact that they don't put up a lot of runs, minus the 10 runs vs St Henry Conner hasn't put up any great numbers against solid pitching. HHS, Dixie, HC, St Henry resumes are all about the same. HHS does have very close victory's over St Henry and NCC. HHS also beat Dixie but that had a lot to do with a blown call. So yes you could argue that HHS should be ranked above those 2. But to say there is a huge gap between teams and include HHS in the upper half is dumb. I don't know details of every game but if you look at scores and what you read on here I would say HC is having just as good as HHS, and I wouldn't argue with anyone about HC needing to be ranked ahead of anyone (besides HHS people that is). Let me break it down for you.

 

Yes HHS does have a 4-3 win over NCC, NCC did beat HC but I am sure either one of those games could of went either way. HHS has an 8-6 game over St Henry and HC lost 7-2, yes it is an excuse but it was the last game of the Pete Noll and HC started their number 3 pitcher. Their best infielder caught and their catcher played infield and so on and so on. So not a whole lot to be got from these scores. Remember baseball and softball are a little different than other sports. Just bc a team beats another team doesn't always mean that team is the better team.

 

Now you are 100% correct HC does not have any good wins but they have some good losses if there is such a thing. HC has played better against NDA than HHS losing 4-2 vs 11-1 and 8-2. HC also lost on a walk off wild pitch vs Bracken County who has beaten NDA twice. HC lost in extra innings to Boone, HHS is down 7-0 in the 4th. HHS lost two close games to Conner, HC lost on another walk off wild pitch.

 

So in short don't get so up tight bc someone has your team 2 spots lower than you feel they should be. My pool is my opinion and its probably a hell of a lot better than the coaches do by the way the vote for teams and players.

 

Remember I do have HHS ahead of HC, but there is no "huge" gap between the two. When HHS starts beating good teams I will be the first on here to say nice job. I have said it a bunch on here, I like what coach Coffey is doing at HHS and they are for sure moving in the right direction but they have to get there first before getting their feelings hurt on message boards all the time.

  • Author
The top 4 are definitely who have to go through to make it to the region championship. This year I think though that there could be a non top 4 team in the finals the gap between everyone is not as it was in the past. The 5-10 teams are all solid just each has an area that can hurt them against the other 5-10 teams and definitely against the top 4.

 

Finally a Highlands fan I can agree with!

It is hard to go head to head with a BGP legend but every now an then you need to.

 

I do think those teams are ahead of the rest but not by a lot. I say that bc Ryle was 1 hit by NCC, Conner has had close games vs Highlands and HC, Boone is the same needing extra innings to beat HC and NDA has had a couple not great losses, and that is just to name a few games off the top of my head.

 

In all honesty, they hit the ball hard and we were VERY fortunate to only lose 3-0, we dodged bullet after bullet. You can't walk 9 batters and commit 6 errors an expect to beat a team of Ryles caliber, plus you can't strikeout 13 times.

Edited by Lawnboy13

This is how I would rate them.

 

1. Ryle

2. Conner

3. ND

4. Boone

5. Highlands

6. St. Henry

7. Dixie

8. NCC

9. Holy Cross

10. Cooper

 

I can live with this.

 

Top 3 can change day to day, just like underwear. Boone gets the nod on the next spot, because of Knotts on the mound and a capable "D" around her. 5 thru 9, you could have a monkey throwing darts and not go wrong with the outcome. Each of these teams are capable of beating each other any given day. I also agree with Meat & JMU, this year more than ever, it is any teams to win, no one team as the "WOW" factor.

 

As for the Breds it will come down to hitting and more importantly defense. Our pitching is still a work in progress with "promise". Sarah Neace is still trying to find her way back from suffering a concussion in the 2nd game of the year, the "nasty" shot she took off the face (wasn't wearing a mask) IMO is still weighing on her mind. 8th grader Haley Meyers throws the ball very hard and has tremendous "upside", yet she is very inconsistant at times. Finally Taylor Burkart, the most consistant around the strikezone of the 3, but only has one pitch and that's......over the plate. She is by far the slowest of the 3 and will not strikeout alot of hitters, but relys very much on her defense.

  • Author
In all honesty, they hit the ball hard and we were VERY fortunate to only lose 3-0, we dodged bullet after bullet. You can't walk 9 batters and commit 6 errors an expect to beat a team of Ryles caliber, plus you can't strikeout 13 times.

 

You did all that and still only lose 3-0, that is saying something. When you hit the ball hard that does not count for hits. I think Ryle is the better team vs NCC but just making the point that the top 4 teams are not that much better than the rest.

I don't have any cake glasses to take off. No rooting interest at all. I just watch and follow a lot of high school softball around here. And when a ranking or comparison of teams is thrown out, I simply hit the KHSAA site and check results. I'm looking for W's and L's. I don't look at we came close against this team or that team. And our coach used our backup because Susi was having a fight with her boyfriend or we had a bad hop or a close call that changed the outcome. Teams have played close to 12-15 games. Results are there in black and white. The top 4 stand out. Highlands while not a great team has something NCC and Holy Cross don't and that is wins over St Henry, Dixie and NCC( that HC doesnt have). Now you can say well it was close and we maybe could have won etc.... but I see Ls against good teams and W's against bad. So based on this I woulld have Highlands above Holy Cross and NCC and Dixie. My opinion and how I see it.

Let me help you take off your cake eating glasses.

 

You have Ryle as a solid #1 and NCC played them better than any good team that HHS has played. Yes HHS has played Conner close twice but Conner will play in a lot of close games due to the fact that they don't put up a lot of runs, minus the 10 runs vs St Henry Conner hasn't put up any great numbers against solid pitching. HHS, Dixie, HC, St Henry resumes are all about the same. HHS does have very close victory's over St Henry and NCC. HHS also beat Dixie but that had a lot to do with a blown call. So yes you could argue that HHS should be ranked above those 2. But to say there is a huge gap between teams and include HHS in the upper half is dumb. I don't know details of every game but if you look at scores and what you read on here I would say HC is having just as good as HHS, and I wouldn't argue with anyone about HC needing to be ranked ahead of anyone (besides HHS people that is). Let me break it down for you.

 

Yes HHS does have a 4-3 win over NCC, NCC did beat HC but I am sure either one of those games could of went either way. HHS has an 8-6 game over St Henry and HC lost 7-2, yes it is an excuse but it was the last game of the Pete Noll and HC started their number 3 pitcher. Their best infielder caught and their catcher played infield and so on and so on. So not a whole lot to be got from these scores. Remember baseball and softball are a little different than other sports. Just bc a team beats another team doesn't always mean that team is the better team.

 

Now you are 100% correct HC does not have any good wins but they have some good losses if there is such a thing. HC has played better against NDA than HHS losing 4-2 vs 11-1 and 8-2. HC also lost on a walk off wild pitch vs Bracken County who has beaten NDA twice. HC lost in extra innings to Boone, HHS is down 7-0 in the 4th. HHS lost two close games to Conner, HC lost on another walk off wild pitch.

 

So in short don't get so up tight bc someone has your team 2 spots lower than you feel they should be. My pool is my opinion and its probably a hell of a lot better than the coaches do by the way the vote for teams and players.

 

Remember I do have HHS ahead of HC, but there is no "huge" gap between the two. When HHS starts beating good teams I will be the first on here to say nice job. I have said it a bunch on here, I like what coach Coffey is doing at HHS and they are for sure moving in the right direction but they have to get there first before getting their feelings hurt on message boards all the time.

  • Author
I don't have any cake glasses to take off. No rooting interest at all. I just watch and follow a lot of high school softball around here. And when a ranking or comparison of teams is thrown out, I simply hit the KHSAA site and check results. I'm looking for W's and L's. I don't look at we came close against this team or that team. And our coach used our backup because Susi was having a fight with her boyfriend or we had a bad hop or a close call that changed the outcome. Teams have played close to 12-15 games. Results are there in black and white. The top 4 stand out. Highlands while not a great team has something NCC and Holy Cross don't and that is wins over St Henry, Dixie and NCC( that HC doesnt have). Now you can say well it was close and we maybe could have won etc.... but I see Ls against good teams and W's against bad. So based on this I woulld have Highlands above Holy Cross and NCC and Dixie. My opinion and how I see it.

 

Well if you only look at wins and losses I guess that is where you would see it. Remember I do have HHS ahead of HC so you have no arguement from me on that. I didn't look at wins and losses, that's not how I did my poll. I am going off what I have seen and what I have heard about games from people I talk to and from posts on this site. The great thing about HS sports is the regular season doesn't matter for softball, everyone makes the playoff's so you can go undefeated in the regular season then lose in the districts and what's that get you.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.