Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 7 Notre Dame 5

Featured Replies

Ok. She did clearly throw it when she hit the homer and she had been warned her previous ab. Would the homer still counted? (The didn't call anything but should have). Seeing nothing was called on her homer I would think her hit in the 7th should have been aloud.

 

I could be wrong about this but I don't really remeber the umps coming together to discuss this and their seemed to be very little argument from NDA

 

The at-bat and the result of that at-bat coutns. So had she been warned and then threw her bat on a home run the home run stands and she is restricted. No outs applied.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When is the draw for regional and what is the schedule/location?

 

Sat.. Noon, St. Henry, from what I was told.

This is my first year of even watching Fast Pitch so it is very confusing the curtesy runners, subbing in and out as they do. The thrown bat rule is a learning experience for me too. Happy to see we have referees who can say "hey I blew it".

 

I always admire those who call the games. Thankless job except for the well earned money.

 

Good luck to both of these 35th district teams.

Sat.. Noon, St. Henry, from what I was told.

 

For the draw? Is the regional at St. Henry also? When does it start?

For the draw? Is the regional at St. Henry also? When does it start?

 

9th Region Tourney at St. Henry, will start on Monday, more than likely. NKU wanted too much money to hold the tourney there, dumb move on there part.

This is my first year of even watching Fast Pitch so it is very confusing the curtesy runners, subbing in and out as they do. The thrown bat rule is a learning experience for me too. Happy to see we have referees who can say "hey I blew it".

 

I always admire those who call the games. Thankless job except for the well earned money.

 

Good luck to both of these 35th district teams.

 

 

Proving my point, I haven't seen too many referees in Fast Pitch!

Proving my point, I haven't seen too many referees in Fast Pitch!

 

Baseball also uses the courtesy runners.

Baseball also uses the courtesy runners.

 

 

And what is the purpose of these? Seems to be an odd rule.

And what is the purpose of these? Seems to be an odd rule.

 

The original intent was to speed up the game so that both the pitcher and catcher were immediately available to warm up vs getting back to the dugout from the basepath and getting ready.

 

Now it's usually used to get a faster runner into the game.

Being there I believe her actions could have been very dangerous, but IMO her actions were 100% unintented, so let her play.

 

It does not sound by reports that the bat throwing was intentional, just poor discipline that should have been corrected by this level of play. I'm guessing the player has played enough to do this consistently, given the reported comments of the coach and no argument. Bat throwing, intentional or not, is the most dangerous part of softball. Someone should have gotten this corrected by now. It would seem likely that at some point during the year one of her teammates would have been on deck and potentially subjected to the thrown bat.

  • Author

Of course I don't make the rules but I would like to see if a batter throws the bat then she is called out and restricted to the bench, no ejection. I have said before if her bat had hit someone they were going to the hosiptal.

 

On a side note I have only seen this young lady against HC and Beechwood and they have below average pitching but if she can hit good pitching the way she does bad she will have a future in this game after HS.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.