Beechwood 7 Notre Dame 5

SSC

I gotta give it up to Beechwood for playing tough, they are much improved. I would say our team took them very lightly, and this is the results when you do that. Congrats to Beechwood.

I am not sure why NDA would take Beechwood lightly. They just played a game a couple weeks ago that was a one or two run game up until the very end when NDA blew it open with a 7 run inning, so NDA should have expected a challenge.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Possible but I am pretty sure they said she was ejected. If she was restricted I would think they would have premited a pinch runner. Btw there were 3 umps so I guess all of them got the rule wrong.

Thanks Lawnboy I was not sure of her name but she was crushing the ball the last 2 days.

If she was ejected she has to sit out two games. A coach is three. That is on the level ejected. Anytime an umpire feels the action is creating a danger he has the right to eject the player. If he thought the action was intentional, which Im sure it wasn't, he wouldn't even have to give a warning.

Heading into the 2011 season, Beechwood had 1 win in their entire history over a school with more students than them. Last year they won 9 games, which was just 1 less than their win total in their entire prior history (10). In 2012 they are district champions. Wow. What a turnaround by these young ladies. Turning around a program like this in two years is one of the most difficult things to accomplish in any sport. Congratulations to David McCallister, head coach last year and at the start of this season; to Megan Hinck, this year's head coach; and most of all to the young ladies who made it happen on the field. Well done ladies!!

Agree, 1000%. Well done to all involved and yes David deserves a lot of credit also

If she was ejected she has to sit out two games. A coach is three. That is on the level ejected. Anytime an umpire feels the action is creating a danger he has the right to eject the player. If he thought the action was intentional, which Im sure it wasn't, he wouldn't even have to give a warning.

Your knowledge on this subject comes from experience.:lol:

Congratulations to Beechwood on the win. I still believe the Panda's will be a tough out in the Region depending on the draw.

As to the ruling....according to the 2012 case book from the NFHS...Rule 3.6.16 SITUATION B: After hitting a line drive toward F5, B1 throws her bat and it strikes the catcher or umpire. The act is judged to be (a) intentional, or (b) unintentional. RULING: In (a), the offender will be ejected from the game. If B1's fair hit ball is a base hit, B1 will be replaced with a substitute runner. In (b), the umpire will warn the team for a carelessly thrown bat, and if the act is repeated, any subsequent offenders on that team will be restricted to the bench/dugout for the duration of the game (3-6-3).

Crazy what blue has to know and then rule on. From reading this I gather he restricted her to the bench, and did not eject her. I hope that is the case as she is a talented hitter, and ND will need her.

Looks like Beechwood got practicing in and finally hit the ball. I maintain if these teams play 10 times, ND wins 9 of them, but hey, that is why you play.

Congrats again to the 35th district champion Beechwood Tigers.

Congratulations to Beechwood on the win. I still believe the Panda's will be a tough out in the Region depending on the draw.

As to the ruling....according to the 2012 case book from the NFHS...Rule 3.6.16 SITUATION B: After hitting a line drive toward F5, B1 throws her bat and it strikes the catcher or umpire. The act is judged to be (a) intentional, or (b) unintentional. RULING: In (a), the offender will be ejected from the game. If B1's fair hit ball is a base hit, B1 will be replaced with a substitute runner. In (b), the umpire will warn the team for a carelessly thrown bat, and if the act is repeated, any subsequent offenders on that team will be restricted to the bench/dugout for the duration of the game (3-6-3).

Crazy what blue has to know and then rule on. From reading this I gather he restricted her to the bench, and did not eject her. I hope that is the case as she is a talented hitter, and ND will need her.

Looks like Beechwood got practicing in and finally hit the ball. I maintain if these teams play 10 times, ND wins 9 of them, but hey, that is why you play.

Congrats again to the 35th district champion Beechwood Tigers.

So in this case, her ball was a single, should they have not restricted her to the bench and then allowed for a pinch runner? That would certainly have added some interest into the final inning with a lead runner aboard.

Congrats to Beechwood for their perseverance and championship.

So in this case, her ball was a single, should they have not restricted her to the bench and then allowed for a pinch runner? That would certainly have added some interest into the final inning with a lead runner aboard.

She should have been restricted, no out, and a sub would have entered for her to run.

If she would have been restricted earlier in the game she would have never batted in the last inning, thus no leadoff single in the bottom of the 7th. And no home run earlier in the game. So who knows what would have happened in the 7th bc this young lady would have been on the bench.

I am still on sure if she was restricted or ejected but either way I hope she gets to play in NDA's next game, is there an appeal for an ejection?

Being there I believe her actions could have been very dangerous, but IMO her actions were 100% unintented, so let her play.

To fully appreciate the surprise factor here remember that NDA played BW twice this year and outscored them 19-0.

True, the rest of the story is .... as noted above, the second time they played just a couple weeks ago, I believe the score was 2-0 in the 5th or 6th inning. Then Beechwood had one of those bad innings that their coach referred to in the newspaper article and gave up 7 to NDA in the last inning. So NDA should not have been totally shocked that Beechwood could give them a battle.

To fully appreciate the surprise factor here remember that NDA played BW twice this year and outscored them 19-0.

BW lead through out the game, NDA came back and tied it a couple times but BW was in control from start to finish.

I tend to think NDA is the better team bc of pitching but this was Beechwood's day. If NDA took BW lighly shame on them, this was the district finals. NDA is much improved but are no near the point they can look past teams