Pendleton County Head Coach

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says a lot about the person that makes the choice of who is hired and who is

fired. Nobody can be comfortable coaching with this kind of way of doing business. Someone in mind when the current coach still has the head coach title......wow! What goes around, comes around.

You must have missed the first part that said Coach Simms was promoted to assistant principal for an administrator retiring and that has been known all school year.

And is a position that has district policy that you cannot be a varsity coach.

You must have missed the first part that said Coach Simms was promoted to assistant principal for an administrator retiring and that has been known all school year.

And I had already heard the rumors at the 10th region this year that he would probably be stepping away from coaching to become an administrator. I will say this, I do not know Coach Simms personally, but from watching him as an assistant under Biggs and then as the head coach, Pendleton County has made a great move. He will be a great role model for the kids in Falmouth.

To clarify, administrator retiring has been known all year not that Coach Simms would be named to that position.

My guess would be assistant coach Jon Wirth will be their new head coach. He is more than qualified.

Someone told me during the season that Pendleton had a very sharp assistant coach and that he actually may be the best coach at Pendleton County. I didn't get the assistant's name. Do you think it is Wirth they were referring to?

Someone told me during the season that Pendleton had a very sharp assistant coach and that he actually may be the best coach at Pendleton County. I didn't get the assistant's name. Do you think it is Wirth they were referring to?

Yes, that is Jon Wirth. However, I got word tonight that he will not be the coach. I don't know who the next coach will be, but it definitely won't be from in house.

Yes, that is Jon Wirth. However, I got word tonight that he will not be the coach. I don't know who the next coach will be, but it definitely won't be from in house.

The last 2 have had Mason County ties...will they go back for a 3rd?

Thats a shame. Good luck with your search PC.

In 6 years, Coach Simms won 4 district titles, went to 2 Regional Semi-finals, and one Region Final. He had a postseason record of 11-6. This is pretty impressive to me, considering he coached in the middle of the Clark County/Mason County dominance era of the 10th Region.

Coach Simms' Pendleton teams beat Harrison County in the district tournament four times, in their own house, often when Harrison County was favored to win the 38th district. Coach Simms won 3 district titles during the King Twin Era at Deming. His teams often struggled in the regular season, as they were rarely one of the most talented teams in the 10th, and they always lacked height. However, he garnered postseason success. I was under the impression this was what it was all about.

This past years team, probably his most talented, was projected as one of the favorites to win the 10th Region. However, they underachieved, and a lot of parents turned on Coach Simms. In a perfect world, that doesn't matter, because parents don't play a role in high school athletics. Unfortunately, this world isn't perfect. Coach Simms certainly wasn't fired; he accepted the administrative job. However, I'm not sure people will realize till he's gone that he did a great job at Pendleton. He won postseason games at Pendleton, which isn't exactly a mecca of basketball talent.

I'm a Coach Simms supporter, clearly. Rant over.