Pendleton County Head Coach

^^^Well said in your post NKYThreeFer- I think what looks the worst in this whole situation is that all this talk has been put out there about Simms not going to be renewed and yet he is still officially the coach and will never have the chance to tell his kids first. Instead they hear this stuff and see this stuff on message boards and the very least that the Pendleton administration could have allowed Coach Simms to be able to deliver what his intentions were going to be professionally. With the resume that he has built and how loyal he has been at Pendleton over the last 10-11 years at Pendleton County, one would think Coach Simms would have had the opportunity to tell his players first. I still think he would have never accepted the administration job had he felt comfortable in his coaching job. This guy will resurface somewhere down the road in a coaching job- he is too good for the game and most importantly for the kids.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ That is his fault if he knows he is not going to be the coach next year. He doesn't have to officially resign (if that is the concern) to have a meeting and tell the kids good bye and thanks.

Please don't take my posts as a knock on Coach Simms. I don't know him and his record speaks for itself. I am just making observations and sharing info I have heard.

^^ That is his fault if he knows he is not going to be the coach next year. He doesn't have to officially resign (if that is the concern) to have a meeting and tell the kids good bye and thanks.

Please don't take my posts as a knock on Coach Simms. I don't know him and his record speaks for itself. I am just making observations and sharing info I have heard.

I was under the impression that the team knew. My source says that Simms and PC administration tried to work it out so he could do both, but couldn't do so.

I'm lost...why would he not still be coach if he's at The HS?

Chris O'Hearn does the same thing at Mason.

This may be a matter of semantics. While Coach O'Hearn is listed as a vice-principal on the school's website, he is not the Assistant Principal.

The uninformed opinions of some who assume incorrectly amaze me.

PC is on spring break this week.

Administration has taken the break as an opportunity to have movememt on several open/anticipated open positions for 2012-13.

The Wildcat basketball team is spread out from Texas with band, tennessee on aau, Ky with baseball as well as personal trips.

I am 100% sure that Coach Simms will do what he has always done. Put the best interests of his team in the forefront in handling matters.

He has a HUGE heart for his players and will do what he can for them.