Pendleton County Head Coach

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard this weekend that the state strongly recommends that administrators do not coach and Pcounty's board has adopted it as policy. Also any paid position at the school must me posted.

This is true for the most part. They like there to be level of administration between the coaching position and school administration. Our former principal coached Golf at one of the other county High Schools, there was no issue there as he was not the admin for that school. In larger school systems this is not normally an issue, but in smaller districts like PC it can be.

What about Keaton Belcher for the job?

Heard they are hiring one of the Belcher's as the AD. It appears it was a part time job but now they are combining it with a rec league and middle school job to make it a full time position. It is going to be a posted position, but you must have a sports admin degree ( or whatever degree Belcher has ). Sort of created the job discription around the man they wanted.

Heard they are hiring one of the Belcher's as the AD. It appears it was a part time job but now they are combining it with a rec league and middle school job to make it a full time position. It is going to be a posted position, but you must have a sports admin degree ( or whatever degree Belcher has ). Sort of created the job discription around the man they wanted.

Which one? What is Keaton doing now? Know he was at EKU helping with the ball team, then last year, wasn't he working with the younger kids at PC?

Very nice young man.

Probably depends on the administration. In the past at Montgomery County, if you were an administrator (principal, asst. principal) you could not coach. Ex. Rocky Franz and Mark Crain became asst. principals and had to give up coaching.

Simon Kenton should have such a policy and immediately notify the football coach.

Which one? What is Keaton doing now? Know he was at EKU helping with the ball team, then last year, wasn't he working with the younger kids at PC?

Very nice young man.

Not sure which one. He has been subbing in the school district this year.

When are the interviews scheduled?

Good question Goldie, not 100% sure it has been posted already. Just heard his name is at the top of the list or only name on the list, but they have to post it according to school policy. I'll let you know when I talk to my buddy again.

Very nice young man.

Keaton is actually currently is the JV Girls basketball coach at Ravenwood High School, a high school in Tennessee. I don't think it's anywhere close to a done deal that he'll be hired as Pendleton County's new AD.