Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendleton County Head Coach

Featured Replies

I do know this- I hope whoever the new head coach is does the right thing and keeps the current JV coach, Brent Sowder on board. As far as I know, he'll want the job, and he is deserving. He's compiled a 36-23 record in 3 years as the head JV coach, and he often stayed with players until midnight or later in the gym working on their game. Players could call Coach Sowder at an any hour, and he'd meet them at the gym, or even pick them to put in work. He would be a huge piece to lose if the new coach decided to go a different route.

  • Replies 211
  • Views 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do know this- I hope whoever the new head coach is does the right thing and keeps the current JV coach, Brent Sowder on board. As far as I know, he'll want the job, and he is deserving. He's compiled a 36-23 record in 3 years as the head JV coach, and he often stayed with players until midnight or later in the gym working on their game. Players could call Coach Sowder at an any hour, and he'd meet them at the gym, or even pick them to put in work. He would be a huge piece to lose if the new coach decided to go a different route.

 

 

Agree 100%!!! He is a really good coach and even better person!!

You can scratch Listerman from that list.
I also heard Listerman is a scratch.
As a Bracken alum, I sat on the Montgomery side and did the tomahawk chop along with the students. No love for the Royals on that day.

 

Maybe the greatest game in the storied history of 10th Region finals basketball.

I do know this- I hope whoever the new head coach is does the right thing and keeps the current JV coach, Brent Sowder on board. As far as I know, he'll want the job, and he is deserving. He's compiled a 36-23 record in 3 years as the head JV coach, and he often stayed with players until midnight or later in the gym working on their game. Players could call Coach Sowder at an any hour, and he'd meet them at the gym, or even pick them to put in work. He would be a huge piece to lose if the new coach decided to go a different route.

 

I think he would be interested in staying if new coach wants him. PC native, correct?

Maybe the greatest game in the storied history of 10th Region finals basketball.

 

It's right there with the 1991 final where Harrison beat Maysville in the final game in school history, 92-90.

I also heard Listerman is a scratch.

 

Had Coach L ever actually shown an interest in the job?

It would probably have been a good fit for him.

Had Coach L ever actually shown an interest in the job?

It would probably have been a good fit for him.

 

From what I understand he didn't, but who really knows. We will find out soon I expect

Tony Wise would be a good fit for this job in my opinion. I watched him at Montgomery several times last year and he did a really good job there. I saw his teams play at Frankfort too and they were really good while he was there for a Class A school.

 

This is not a good option for a program. Heard they (Montgomery County) had their Basketball banquet the other night and out of all the freshman, JV and Varsity teams, only 9 kids showed up. What does that say? If your players aren't very fond of you, there are issues.

This is not a good option for a program. Heard they (Montgomery County) had their Basketball banquet the other night and out of all the freshman, JV and Varsity teams, only 9 kids showed up. What does that say? If your players aren't very fond of you, there are issues.

 

I would say that had little to do with coach Wise, considering he was fired it probably has more to do with the situation

It does sound like a bad situation. Montgomery County blew it when Phil Rison wasn"t made the superintendent. Many very good Coaches and administrators have been let go by the new administration unfortunately. But people that are close to the basketball situation seem to know that things were done for surprisingly the right reasons with Basketball. Happy will get them back on track. Happy will run a first class program!

I would say that had little to do with coach Wise, considering he was fired it probably has more to do with the situation

 

I agree. The season had been over for awhile, Coach had resigned and EVERYONE knew that Happy was being announced the next day.

 

But here is where my problem is. When I played, missing the banquet was not an option. Not by my coaches but by my parents. I was to show respect to my coaches (whether I liked them or not), the administration, and most importantly my fellow teammates. Being on a team that finished 23-11 should have been something to be proud of. With wins over GRC, Marshall County, Lafayette, Bryan Station, Mason County, and Pendleton County (2) should have been something you are proud of and something to celebrate. I just do not understand.

It's right there with the 1991 final where Harrison beat Maysville in the final game in school history, 92-90.

 

I was there for that one also. The name Jerry Fogle comes to mind.

He does a good job. The man deserves to be at place where he can coach and not have to worry about all the other "extra curricular activities" that he had to deal with. Tony Wise #1

 

He may want to exercise caution if this is a concern for him.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.