My CHRISTIAN President

So in other words, "no" you didn't read the article.
I did and I see someone wrote a nice speech for him, but that's where it ends. Actions speak louder than words and his war, for lack of a better word, with the Catholic church speaks volumes for me.

What war with the Catholic church? He gave in. No church dealing with only church matters has to provide insurance coverage. But that of course doesn't fit your agenda. I disagree with the Catholic Church on that policy and it is not based on pure scripture. Does that make me not a christian if I support the women's ability to get insurance to pay for preventive health care?

What war with the Catholic church? He gave in. No church dealing with only church matters has to provide insurance coverage. But that of course doesn't fit your agenda. I disagree with the Catholic Church on that policy and it is not based on pure scripture. Does that make me not a christian if I support the women's ability to get insurance to pay for preventive health care?
We all know why he gave in.

You have every right to disagree, but you have no right to tell the Catholic church what to do, nor did the president. I never said he wasn't a Christian, I said his actions spoke volumes to me. I'm not saying you aren't a Christian either. And please don't speak of my "agenda", you really know nothing about me.

Nope, I know too. I believe him when he says it.

Perhaps I missed it: where in the article did President Obama actually say he is a Christian? Can you post the specific language where he said that he was a Christian? Or are you referring to somewhere else when/where he said he is a Christian?

In a later post you mentioned RTS having an agenda. Perhaps he does; perhaps he doesn't. But speaking of agendas, how do you like these two sentences from the article: "The president began holding the prayer breakfast in 2010. Around the same time, polls were showing that some Americans did not believe he is a Christian but a Muslim." Would such cause a reasonable and open minded person to at least wonder if President Obama, after not having the Easter Prayer Breakfast in 09, started having them in 10 based not on faith, but polling results? Was he out of the country the week before Easter of 09, thus explaining why he didn't have the breakfast? Or are the breakfasts possibly motivated by re-election or polling concerns, instead of his Christian faith?

Here is one quote:

And we will know, in the words of the Apostle Paul, “Christ Jesus...and Him crucified.

second:

It’s an opportunity for us to reflect on the triumph of the resurrection, and to give thanks for the all-important gift of grace

third:

It’s only because He endured unimaginable pain that wracked His body and bore the sins of the world that He burdened -- that burdened His soul that we are able to proclaim, “He is Risen!”

And finally:

We are here today to celebrate that glorious overcoming, the sacrifice of a risen savior who died so that we might live. And I hope that our time together this morning will strengthen us individually, as believers, and as a nation.

But other than that, there were none.

The hosting of the breakfast could have been politically motivated, but he may not have considered it two months into office when he was working on other things. Again, I am not talking about the even, but the sentiment in what he said.

^ Ace, he's a politician. Politicians have speech writers. How do we know that's his sentiments? How do we know for sure he wasn't just playing to the crowd as politicians do? As TB&G said, "Only the good Lord knows the soul of all of us...not just those of politicians". But remember, it also includes politicians.

I noticed Al Sharpton was present, I can only imagine what he has to say.

Whatever this "blowhard" has to say is not worth listening to. Just for kicks I tried to listen to his radio show one day in between commercial break of another radio show, can you say, "totally painful". :ohbrother: