Who wins the 2A State Title?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2A State Title?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OCath is rolling right now, too. ...

Well, at this point, the eight teams that are left in the finals are all "rolling". We have to have something more solid than "we're rolling".

booneriii - I have to say that I was impressed by the margin of victory over Desales. I thought that would be a very close game tonight, but it doesn't look like it was even as close as the final score. Is that true, or did the Colts play you guys tough?

Frances

Having seen both teams play i have to give the edge to O Cath. Their speed and athleticism is tremendous. They have playmakers all over the field and i don't think Russell has the amount of athletes to hang with them. Their hurry up offense will wear down Russell like it did Fort Cambell and they should win pretty handily.

O Cath-31

Russell-7

Having seen both teams play i have to give the edge to O Cath. Their speed and athleticism is tremendous. They have playmakers all over the field and i don't think Russell has the amount of athletes to hang with them. Their hurry up offense will wear down Russell like it did Fort Cambell and they should win pretty handily.

O Cath-31

Russell-7

If you've seen both teams play, I'd say you are in rare company, TCat25. How long ago did you see both teams play last? And what offense and defense does OCath line up in?

Frances

Russell also has had trouble with the pass most of the year, O Caths wide recievers are excellent. And they have a great Quarterback in Woodward who and get them the ball. He loves to throw it up and let his athletic wide receivers go get it or outrun the defense and get under it. Just too much for Russell.

Well, at this point, the eight teams that are left in the finals are all "rolling". We have to have something more solid than "we're rolling".

booneriii - I have to say that I was impressed by the margin of victory over Desales. I thought that would be a very close game tonight, but it doesn't look like it was even as close as the final score. Is that true, or did the Colts play you guys tough?

Frances

I have family that attends OCath, but that's about it. I'm not associated with the Aces program at all.

That being said, the "rolling" comment was meant to echo your statement about Russell "clicking on all cylinders". I have listened to OCath's last 2 games, and they have been playing very crisp. Even with the 6 turnovers against Fort Campbell, the Aces were still able to win the game.

Desales got a little sloppy in the second half. They blew 2 golden opportunties inside OC's 5. The blown chance in the 3rd quarter really made the difference; it wound up being a 14 point swing.

I get the feeling that sometime OCath's chances have to run out. But the deeper they've went into the playoffs, the more I have been convinced that they have the complete package to finally win the big game.

I just got in from watching O Cath beat DeSales and I saw Russell two or three times this season. O Cath has a hurry up spread offense, they hired tony Franklin to work with. They do not huddle and usually have the ball snapped with 18-15 secs left on play clock, just wears opposing defenses down. Their running back #2, I think is name is Houston is quick and runs hard. They also have a safety with i think 15 interceptions on the year, Winklepleck?

Russell should be able to move the ball on them some. They better score every time they get in the red zone because they will need every point. Owensboro Catholic is very good offensively and is even more impressive defensively. They win their 13th straight game.

Catholic----28

Russell-----14