Henry Clay 60 South Laurel 18

Jim Schue

Henry Clay has a lot of weapons. They rushed 37 times for 372 yards and 7 TDs, and Simpson passed for another 221 and two more scores. Where is Rod Johnson going to college? 166 and 3 TDs and very hard to tackle.

For South, Josh Riley and Cody Philpot each caught passes for more than 120 yards, but Henry Clay was already up 21-0 before South Laurel could blink. Bowling threw for 376 yards and two scores.

Very explosive, and speed all over the place for HC. Chase Minnifield is quite a player. Rushed for three scores and 137 yards on seven carries, and caught a TD pass. Where's he playing?

If they don't make it to PJCS, whoever puts 'em down has their work cut out for them. Make sure you read that again. 593 yards against a team that had been playing pretty good defense in recent weeks.

You came up against a very tough opponent Friday - - the best you've seen certainly this season. You fought hard but we lost that battle. I know I speak for thousands of fans in London, Laurel County and beyond who are so proud of you for your hard work,dedication,tenacity & commitment to excellence this year. To our Seniors in particular thank you for four great years. Every year you got better and better as evidenced by your record. You've done what your coaches asked, you sacrificed of your time, talents, and especially this year, your bodies for the game and team you love. You have achieved that which often eludes - - you have become brothers and though your football days at South have ended, no one can take this away from you.

Stick to this game, not the Corbin game. If you want to talk about Corbin, go to a Corbin thread.

Who was speaking of the Corbin game?

I think Campbell field meant the people in London had high expectations, everyone else new better, if thats what your talking about, just wandering didn't see it.

Nice season for HC, i knew they were good but wow. Could a non-Louisville 4A school win the title this year. Its about time.

I watched the game friday I thought it would have been a better game when I saw the two teams records. Henry Clay palyed a excellent game. However the score does not in my opinion display the story of the game. I was a third party observer in this game, HC had SL beat and the game was well in hand, and HC onside kicks up by more than 3 touchdowns which they recover and score quickly, then after the SL had come to terms with the lose proceeded to keep their starters in the game until about 4:00 minutes or just a little more to go score again.

My point is when do you take your starters out when you have beaten your 1st and 2nd round opponents. I am surprized that HC didn't get anyone hurt. I thought it was a bad move and border line classless move by the coaching staff.