Henry Clay 60 South Laurel 18

Jim Schue

We played a ton of players on defense the whole night, so who he thought was a starter might habe been misconstrude. Most "starting" defensive players did not play the fourth quarter or only a couple plays like the defensive line. On offense Rod and chase (our runningbacks) didn't play much in the fourth and neither did the receivers.

When HC played Whitley County, their starters were literally on the bench for most of the 4th quarter. I thought that Henry Clay handled themselves and the way they won in a sportmans like manner. I have no complaints.

Bottom line, it is your job to score and my job to stop you. If I can't then it is not your problem it is mine.

Good Luck to the Blue Devils in their attempt to get to the "Pizza Box"

It ain't bragging if you can back it up........so far they have!!!!!

Good point. And while I hate cheering for them this week against Dunbar, I think that HC is the best chance that Region 4 has to get a 4A team back to the carpet this season. Last year it was Scott County, this year maybe HC?!?!

I watched the game friday I thought it would have been a better game when I saw the two teams records. Henry Clay palyed a excellent game. However the score does not in my opinion display the story of the game. I was a third party observer in this game, HC had SL beat and the game was well in hand, and HC onside kicks up by more than 3 touchdowns which they recover and score quickly, then after the SL had come to terms with the lose proceeded to keep their starters in the game until about 4:00 minutes or just a little more to go score again.

My point is when do you take your starters out when you have beaten your 1st and 2nd round opponents. I am surprized that HC didn't get anyone hurt. I thought it was a bad move and border line classless move by the coaching staff.

Did South Laurel take their starters out? Sometimes a team that is winning will sub down to the JV team and the other team keeps their starters in the game, often times manhandling the younger players. I'm not sure what happened in this game, but that is a justified reason to play several starters after the outcome is decided.

Did South Laurel take their starters out? Sometimes a team that is winning will sub down to the JV team and the other team keeps their starters in the game, often times manhandling the younger players. I'm not sure what happened in this game, but that is a justified reason to play several starters after the outcome is decided.

HC kept their starters in and tried to score more points to get a running clock - hence the onsides kick up 43-18.

HC kept their starters in and tried to score more points to get a running clock - hence the onsides kick up 43-18.

At 43-18, HC would have to score three more TDs to get to a running clock.The clock wouldn't start running until they were up 63-18. If the earlier posts are true about the amount of time left in the game, your claim doesn't seem to add up.

Maybe Henry Clay was just trying to get payback for the 77-35 drubbing the basketball Cards gave to the Blue Devils this past summer........j/k......Seriously though why would a coach risk an injury to a starter when the game is well in hand and in the 4th qtr. I dont know if I would go as far as saying it was a classless move, just more of not being a smart move.

I mean honestly, do u really care whethor our starters were in or not in. SL's were in. It doesn't really matter in my opinion.

I watched part of the local replay on Monday night. Henry Clay looked really solid and ready to make a good run in the playoffs. However, is an onside kick really necessary when you are up 42-18?

I watched part of the local replay on Monday night. Henry Clay looked really solid and ready to make a good run in the playoffs. However, is an onside kick really necessary when you are up 42-18?

It all depends on how late in the 4th quarter it was, a 24 point lead is only 3 TD's plus 2-pt conversions. Now if it was inside the last 4-5 minutes, it may have been uncalled for.