SEC (This pains me)

newarkcatholicfan

I thought the SEC was the best conference, but I didn't think it was dominant. Still not sure what to think, because you can put too much stock into bowl games, but perhaps it was better than I thought.

Ultimately, college football was dominated by three teams. Then you had the rest of the bunch.

That reminds me of the image that is going around of a Clemson helmet with the caption: "The ACC is NOT going for back-to-back National Championships, Clemson is."

And the people saying that are doing so wearing their SEC t-shirts. :lol2:

I thought the SEC was the best conference, but I didn't think it was dominant. Still not sure what to think, because you can put too much stock into bowl games, but perhaps it was better than I thought.

Ultimately, college football was dominated by three teams. Then you had the rest of the bunch.

The SEC is always going to be a cut above. It’s football first country, that ain’t changing.

No sir, it was decidedly Clemson people. They hammer their own league, they don't want any of the Conference Rah Rah stuff, it was Clemson people telling the rest of the ACC to get off of them.

Yeah, they're the worst.

Well, almost. Right behind the SEC homers.

It certainly doesn't hurt that for many SEC teams their bowl games are basically home games.

I get this mindset. But bowl games for the most part are a reward for players and I'm sure even players on the Northern team like the chance at a warm weather game this time of year.

Also warm weather attracts more fans to travel. Now I'm much more on your side of the argument during the regular season when warm weather teams refuse to schedule games on the road during cold weather season. Perfect example USC vs Notre Dame.

I get this mindset. But bowl games for the most part are a reward for players and I'm sure even players on the Northern team like the chance at a warm weather game this time of year.

Also warm weather attracts more fans to travel. Now I'm much more on your side of the argument during the regular season when warm weather teams refuse to schedule games on the road during cold weather season. Perfect example USC vs Notre Dame.

Are you saying USC plays at Notre Dame in the cold or not? Contractually, they play in South Bend in mid October and in Los Angeles Thanksgiving weekend.

Are you saying USC plays at Notre Dame in the cold or not? Contractually, they play in South Bend in mid October and in Los Angeles Thanksgiving weekend.

The contract reads that way because USC refuses to play the last game of the year in South Bend. USC won't play in South Bend past Mid October.

You are a USC fan if you say it's a smart move fine. But the fact is they won't play in South Bend when there is a greater chance of snow.

The contract reads that way because USC refuses to play the last game of the year in South Bend. USC won't play in South Bend past Mid October.

You are a USC fan if you say it's a smart move fine. But the fact is they won't play in South Bend when there is a greater chance of snow.

USC plays UCLA and Cal in November when the play Notre Dame on the road. I have never heard that USC refuses to play in South Bend in November. But, ever since I can remember, since the 70's, they have always played in mid October when the game is in South Bend.