Best Finals Game

Roundsteak

What is the best finals game you’ve ever seen? A lot of talk that some of this year’s games were some of the best. But what game over the years stands out to you?

For me I would have to say the 2009 Lone Oak/Boyle Co game won by Boyle. If I recall correctly the game went 2 OTs and lasted about 4 hours. I know that Lone Oak threw the ball all day. The game lasted so long that the game after them had to be delayed. Hard to top that game for me.

But then again there was the Trinity/Male game, Brohm vs Bush.

I recall a Danville v Mayfield game - AA title in ‘87 @ the Louisville Fairgrounds. I believe a Freshman (David Walker?) blocked an extra point for Danville, to preserve a 14-13 win. Great game.

24-23 in 1 Overtime. Mayfield went to tie it after they scored and Walker blocked it.

You know what I think it is...12/7/19 2A game! Somerset drives the length of the field in 28 seconds (with no timeouts) and scores a walkoff TD from 20 yards out on an untimed down after the clock had expired. #instantclassic

If not allowed a "Homer" pick, then it was the Trinity/Male game, Brohm vs Bush for me. That game was crazy good!

Wasn't there a game a few years ago when heavy underdog Collins (I think) hit a late pass to beat Ft. Thomas Highlands? Not sure but it might have been their second string QB who threw the pass.

I believe you’re correct on this. Collins was a huge underdog and won on a end of game TD pass. Not sure if it was by back up QB or not.

You know what I think it is...12/7/19 2A game! Somerset drives the length of the field in 28 seconds (with no timeouts) and scores a walkoff TD from 20 yards out on an untimed down after the clock had expired. #instantclassic

If not allowed a "Homer" pick, then it was the Trinity/Male game, Brohm vs Bush for me. That game was crazy good!

I'm gonna reverse you. Much respect.

I'm going 2002 Trinity vs Male, 59-56 final as Bob Beatty wins back to back titles against Redman.

But no homer pick, is 2019 Somerset with an 11 point lead, then trailing by 3, and then winning by 3. What an incredible game to witness.

Wasn't there a game a few years ago when heavy underdog Collins (I think) hit a late pass to beat Ft. Thomas Highlands? Not sure but it might have been their second string QB who threw the pass.

Yes the Collins senior QB had to come out for the last play because his helmet came off on the second to last play. Sophomore back up came in cold and threw the game winning TD.