Covington Catholic 28 Bowling Green 0

BG was just too one-dimensional for CCH and it won't work on them this time of the year. Caleb made some beautiful passes and and Daniel ran the ball angry and seemingly was on every tackle. Total team win.

I would have ran the QB a lot more on designed runs, faking the hand-off, and letting him keep it. He was super quick, and their best plays, especially in the 1st half, were him dropping back to pass and then taking off. They love that quick pass to #12 on the LOS, but for the most part, that isn't going to work.

The busted coverage TD when Mayer was wide open down the middle seemed to take the wind out of the sails of the Purples.

What was #59 (I think that was his number) on that roughing the passer play? Just an obvious flag, then a 2nd push for good measure.

I would have ran the QB a lot more on designed runs, faking the hand-off, and letting him keep it. He was super quick, and their best plays, especially in the 1st half, were him dropping back to pass and then taking off. They love that quick pass to #12 on the LOS, but for the most part, that isn't going to work.

The busted coverage TD when Mayer was wide open down the middle seemed to take the wind out of the sails of the Purples.

What was #59 (I think that was his number) on that roughing the passer play? Just an obvious flag, then a 2nd push for good measure.

I didn't see it, just heard a lot a lot of my compadre's going ballistic to throw him out. My opinion was it was a very hard-hitting game between two teams wanting to get to Lexington, and it was nothing but class between two storied programs.

Sometimes you just have to tip your cap and congratulate the better team. Congratulations to CovCath on a hard fought win.

Mayer was as good as advertised, but for me their QB was the their best player tonight. Without him, they don't win by 28 IMO. He was terrific. Also don't underestimate the CovCath kicker. Kicking the ball in the end zone on BG is a huge weapon as it takes field position away from BG if not a bigger gain.

For the Purples, I was proud of their effort. I didn't love the play calling but it's easy to armchair QB and they went with their strengths. But as many know the better strategy was to pass against CovCath. BG didn't do that until it was too late. But I am still proud of my team and excellent year overall.

I want to wish the Colonels good luck next week and hope they win it all!

Sometimes you just have to tip your cap and congratulate the better team. Congratulations to CovCath on a hard fought win.

Mayer was as good as advertised, but for me their QB was the their best player tonight. Without him, they don't win by 28 IMO. He was terrific. Also don't underestimate the CovCath kicker. Kicking the ball in the end zone on BG is a huge weapon as it takes field position away from BG if not a bigger gain.

For the Purples, I was proud of their effort. I didn't love the play calling but it's easy to armchair QB and they went with their strengths. But as many know the better strategy was to pass against CovCath. BG didn't do that until it was too late. But I am still proud of my team and excellent year overall.

Great post, you're one of the best of the BGP'ers. Congrats to the Purples on a great run to the State Semi's.

Adding the kicker kicking into the end zone and being accurate overall is a weapon. Add to the others they are tough.

43-1 has a lot to with that defense.