Class 2A Playoffs: #3 Mayfield vs. #7 Murray Predictions/Updates

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

Who wins this district championship matchup? Mayfield has dominated its this season. On average Mayfield has defeated these team 47.75 to 3.25. Murray got revenge last week, Does Murray have enough magic to pull another upset? Or Does Mayfield continue its dominance?

Murray QB looked decent in win over Caldwell. Hit at least two deep passes for TD's (poor defense on both plays), but he will need that and them some to lead his team over Mayfield. He is mobile, but I never really saw him take off against Caldwell. Murray has the chance to upset, but will need alot of help from Lady Luck.

Very impressed with Murray's effort at Caldwell County. I think they surprised Caldwell since the Murray starting QB was out and maybe underestimated Murray. Obviously, a mistake that got Caldwell doubled-up 34-17.

Murray now faces an extremely difficult game. But they face Mayfield alot and if they can score first and continue to believe, I think they can hang around for awhile. But if Mayfield scores first and often, I think this one's done in the first quarter. I think it's a lot closer to the later than the former in this game! Give me:

Mayfield 42

Murray 14

My cousin Allen Thompson may have been the Qb for Murray that year. They played in the state final vs beechwood I believe. That game itself had a controversial finish.

That was in 94. Mayfield was in 2A then I believe. I think the year Murray upset Mayfield was 97? Think it was something of an odd game if memory serves me. Maybe Murray returned the opening kickoff for the score and they won 7-0?