What Are You Looking Forward To This Season?

Is it a certain game? A road trip to a new stadium? Your favorite concession stand? What are you most looking forward to for the 2019 season?

My favorite time of the year is always the first weekend of the season. Nothing like that first game, always takes me back to my playing days and remembering the opening night jitters.

I also always try to catch a game in a stadium I've never been to, so I'll continue that this year. Not sure where it will be just yet.

I also always try to catch a game in a stadium I've never been to, so I'll continue that this year. Not sure where it will be just yet.

I do the same. I head back up to NKY from Louisville to catch as many Cov Cath games as possible, but I always at least take the Cov Cath bye week to go check out a game here around Louisville. Ideally I like to go see a game in a stadium I've never been to.

Cov Cath's bye week is Nov 1st this season. I forget which game it was that I was planning to watch (there was a game I'd figured on seeing, at one point in time, anyway)...so I guess I'll have to look back through the schedule threads.

Looking forward to St.X first game of season against DeSales. Hoping for paybacks for last year. DeSales will be good again so no guarantee we will beat them.

The Kevin Wallace System in year #2 at St. X is an exciting thing to watch for this year, and next year. I'm also really eager to find out if the Tigers can beat the Rocks two years in a row. Any idea how far back you have to go to find two straight wins for St. X?

The Kevin Wallace System in year #2 at St. X is an exciting thing to watch for this year, and next year. I'm also really eager to find out if the Tigers can beat the Rocks two years in a row. Any idea how far back you have to go to find two straight wins for St. X?

If you count playoffs 2009 and back to back regular season is 2004 and 2005.

Is it a certain game? A road trip to a new stadium? Your favorite concession stand? What are you most looking forward to for the 2019 season?

My favorite time of the year is always the first weekend of the season. Nothing like that first game, always takes me back to my playing days and remembering the opening night jitters.

I'm with you on that one. Hope springs eternal every year when teams hit the practice field for the first time. Things start heating up right around scrimmage time before reaching a boiling point on opening weekend. The first weekend is always good for a few attention grabbing scores, which usually triggers a wave of overreaction. And the beehive of activity here on BGP is fun to watch and interact with.

Friday nights with my crew, followed by meeting up with other crews at a restaurant for around the region recaps. Most Friday nights we have 4 to 5 crews all wind up at the same restaurant and we sit around and talk about the night and life, it's honestly some of the most enjoyable guy times I have.

Looking forward to Bishop Brossart's year and the opening of their new MAC (Mustang's Athletic Complex). Hopefully we will be able to play our opening home game there (dependent on the weather to get the complex finished), if not we should be playing there later in the season. Thanks to all the previous places we have called home- Newport High School, Scott High School and most recently Campbell County Middle school field.

I sure hope all the rain and wet weather escapes us on Friday nights!!!

Seeing Highlands play Knoxville Catholic in a bowl game at Corbin then spending quality time with my wife. The Bluebirds have never played a team from Tennessee. Brian Weinrich set this bowl up with Corbin Head Coach Justin Haddix. I spoke to Justin before the Highlands at LexCath game last year. Great guy.

Seeing Highlands play Knoxville Catholic in a bowl game at Corbin then spending quality time with my wife. The Bluebirds have never played a team from Tennessee. Brian Weinrich set this bowl up with Corbin Head Coach Justin Haddix. I spoke to Justin before the Highlands at LexCath game last year. Great guy.

There will be a lot of eyes on that game. Huge, huge early season test for the Birds. Knoxville Catholic has a handful of FBS recruits and could be a top five team in all of Tennessee. I'm looking forward to seeing how that one plays out.