Warriors 106 Raptors 105 (NBA Finals Game 5)

That was an amazing win by the Warriors. This could be the game the Raptors look back on and cry if they end up losing this series. They were up 6 with two minutes and had the ball. This is the type of lost we have grown use to Cincinnati teams have, that eventually leads to ultimately a big downward spiral.

Anyone watching this Bob Myers press conference? He is acting so bizarre.

He also said the initial injury was calf related and different from this one. Not buying it.

Edited by bugatti

Toronto has to be kicking themselves over that one. Leonard took over the game to get the Raptors the lead then spit the bit the last two minutes. That last possession by Toronto was terrible. The key moment was Toronto up 6 with the ball and two minutes to go. Leonard got Klay off his feet in the paint but proceeded to do a fadeaway jumper. He should have done that Steph move and jump into Klay to get the foul call. After that play, it felt like Kawhi was done. Toronto just did not play hard enough those last two minutes, especially in their offensive possessions.

Anyone watching this Bob Meyers press conference? He is acting so bizarre.

He also said the initial injury was calf related and different from this one. Not buying it.

They can try to sell that all they want. It was never a calf injury.

The Raptors made the mistake so many teams make - they focused on trying to run out the clock and stopped playing aggressive. Every possession after they got the 6 point lead, they ran clock instead of running aggressive attacking offense. You can't back into the title. You have to forcibly take it. You have to run hard offense and take the good shot when you get it, even if there is still 10 seconds left on the shot clock. Finally, on that last play attack the paint! Toronto was down one point. It better be a wide open 3 if that is the shot you take in that situation. Go at the rim. A shot in the paint is a must, not a contested 3.

The Raptors made the mistake so many teams make - they focused on trying to run out the clock and stopped playing aggressive. Every possession after they got the 6 point lead, they ran clock instead of running aggressive attacking offense. You can't back into the title. You have to forcibly take it. You have to run hard offense and take the good shot when you get it, even if there is still 10 seconds left on the shot clock. Finally, on that last play attack the paint! Toronto was down one point. It better be a wide open 3 if that is the shot you take in that situation. Go at the rim. A shot in the paint is a must, not a contested 3.

Down the stretch of every game these playoffs the Raptors take the air out of the ball and let Kawahi create. The last possession they doubled him and forced the ball from his hands. I get not calling a timeout there because they had the defensive match-up they wanted on the court.

Speaking of timeouts, the timeout Toronto called at the 3:05 mark while in the midst of their run to seize control of the game was ill advised. I know what the coaches were thinking, but it is one of those situations where they out thought themselves.

They can try to sell that all they want. It was never a calf injury.

I think he had an Achilles tear from the start. They monitored it and cleared him at his (Durant's) comfort level, both parties knowing the worst could happen. KD lives in a social media world and believes it is reality and not capable of ignoring his naysayers. People were starting to question his toughness and being the competitor he is, he wanted back on the court knowing the associated risks. Then the rupture occurs and now KD is most likely going to miss all of next season.

Down the stretch of every game these playoffs the Raptors take the air out of the ball and let Kawahi create.

I don't think this is true. I think the Raptors have stayed aggressive on offense and willing to take shots prior to the last 5 seconds of the shot clock. In this game they worked harder at running clock and shooting in the last couple seconds of the shot clock, than working to get a good shot and taking it regardless of what was left on the shot clock.

I don't think this is true. I think the Raptors have stayed aggressive on offense and willing to take shots prior to the last 5 seconds of the shot clock. In this game they worked harder at running clock and shooting in the last couple seconds of the shot clock, than working to get a good shot and taking it regardless of what was left on the shot clock.
It is true. The last minutes of most games these playoffs it is in Leonard's hands and it is get out of the way time. Can't say I blame them. Dude is a tank.

That was an amazing win by the Warriors. This could be the game the Raptors look back on and cry if they end up losing this series. They were up 6 with two minutes and had the ball. This is the type of lost we have grown use to Cincinnati teams have, that eventually leads to ultimately a big downward spiral.

Toronto had all the momentum and had the Warriors on their heels ready to poop their pants. Leonard was on fire, so the coach of the Raptors calls a time out. Brilliant!!!!!

On a side note, serious question, has Leonard ever got a NBA championship ring? Who with?