Warriors 106 Raptors 105 (NBA Finals Game 5)

Toronto had all the momentum and had the Warriors on their heels ready to poop their pants. Leonard was on fire, so the coach of the Raptors calls a time out. Brilliant!!!!!

On a side note, serious question, has Leonard ever got a NBA championship ring? Who with?

Yes. 2014 with the Spurs. He was MVP of the Finals.

The Raptors made the mistake so many teams make - they focused on trying to run out the clock and stopped playing aggressive. Every possession after they got the 6 point lead, they ran clock instead of running aggressive attacking offense. You can't back into the title. You have to forcibly take it. You have to run hard offense and take the good shot when you get it, even if there is still 10 seconds left on the shot clock. Finally, on that last play attack the paint! Toronto was down one point. It better be a wide open 3 if that is the shot you take in that situation. Go at the rim. A shot in the paint is a must, not a contested 3.

I agree that a shoot in the paint was probably the way to go, being down by 1. But, as I recall that last sequence and admittedly have not seen it since I saw it live, Leonard was effectively double-teamed and the last shot was a 3 taken from the left corner. But, I ask you, was it really contested? I recall it being a petty good look ...may be wrong. Maybe not the player the Raptors wanted shooting the ball, but still a pretty good look.

Toronto had all the momentum and had the Warriors on their heels ready to poop their pants. Leonard was on fire, so the coach of the Raptors calls a time out. Brilliant!!!!!

On a side note, serious question, has Leonard ever got a NBA championship ring? Who with?

A lot of people don’t realize but Coach Nurse actually called two timeouts back to back. If they end up losing the series that will be talked about for a long time.

I agree that a shoot in the paint was probably the way to go, being down by 1. But, as I recall that last sequence and admittedly have not seen it since I saw it live, Leonard was effectively double-teamed and the last shot was a 3 taken from the left corner. But, I ask you, was it really contested? I recall it being a petty good look ...may be wrong. Maybe not the player the Raptors wanted shooting the ball, but still a pretty good look.

Shot challenged by Draymond Green after Warriors did good job of forcing ball out of Kawhi’s hands.

To those not as familiar with the NBA timeout rules, Toronto was at four timeouts at the 3:05 mark when they stopped the action to call for a break. Once below the 3:00 mark, teams can only carry two timeouts, so you often see teams in that scenario call a timeout so they don’t lose it. Hence, why they took them both back-to-back.

Not saying the decision was correct, but that was the thought process. Use them or forfeit them both.

To those not as familiar with the NBA timeout rules, Toronto was at four timeouts at the 3:05 mark when they stopped the action to call for a break. Once below the 3:00 mark, teams can only carry two timeouts, so you often see teams in that scenario call a timeout so they don’t lose it. Hence, why they took them both back-to-back.

Not saying the decision was correct, but that was the thought process. Use them or forfeit them both.

You just gotta eat that timeout in that scenario, IMO. You can’t stop a run like that just to save a timeout.

You just gotta eat that timeout in that scenario, IMO. You can’t stop a run like that just to save a timeout.

Two timeouts in this case. But yes, I agree. That seemed to be the possession to throw the proverbial dagger.

Some were saying it was Kyle Lowery who actually requested the timeout because he was so gassed. Also knowing these players are well in tune to the timeout scenarios and conditioned to call them whether they check in with the coach or not.

This stoppage was not required, but many fans never understand why teams on runs during the middle of games will suddenly call a timeout. 95% of the time it is because they are required per NBA rules.