13. South Laurel

14. St. Xavier

15. Walton-Verona

16. Bowling Green

17. Henry Clay

18. Cooper

19. Clay County

20. Newport

Frankfort defeated #17 Henry Clay 92-80 on December 11th, which started Frankfort on their current 8 game winning streak. Henry Clay lost to Ballard and Butler since losing to Frankfort. Frankfort hasn't played a killer schedule, so far, but why no love for Frankfort?

Frankfort defeated #17 Henry Clay 92-80 on December 11th, which started Frankfort on their current 8 game winning streak. Henry Clay lost to Ballard and Butler since losing to Frankfort. Frankfort hasn't played a killer schedule, so far, but why no love for Frankfort?

Just for transparency, I am not on the ranking committee. However, I think that it is just what you said - strength of schedule. They need more than just the win against a number 17 team.

That’s not to say they aren’t having a great season. If they keep up that momentum, maybe they will find their way into the rankings.

Frankfort is having a great season and should be feeling really good about it. It should not let any rankings change that. However, in terms of being ranked, Frankfort has a good win over no. 17 Henry Clay, which is a positive. On the other hand, I don't believe any of the other teams it has beaten in its current 8-game winning streak has a winning record. Plus, it has two losses to teams that are currently unranked, Butler (12-3) and North Oldham (6-9). Based on those facts, I can see why Frankfort is not currently ranked.

The great thing is that Frankfort will have plenty of opportunities to show why it should be ranked, starting with this Friday's game against Woodford County. A win against Woodford County, which is ranked ahead of Frankfort in the Cantrall Ratings, would be another good win for the Panthers.

Butler is #1 seed in the LIT but not on this list....

Do you know how the LIT is seeded? Male beat Butler but is seeded #7.

The only team in the Top 20 that they’ve beaten is Henry Clay, but they also have a loss to Henry Clay.

I don’t see anything that leads me to believe that they deserve to be ranked above the other Louisville teams that are ranked.

The LIT is seeded based on the SETH Ratings, a formula developed by the JCPS Athletic Director. I agree with the thought that the fact that Butler is seeded no. 1 in the LIT does not mean it should be ranked in this poll. Butler will have a great opportunity to prove that it should be ranked when the LIT is played in two weeks.

Do you know how the LIT is seeded? Male beat Butler but is seeded #7.

The only team in the Top 20 that they’ve beaten is Henry Clay, but they also have a loss to Henry Clay.

I don’t see anything that leads me to believe that they deserve to be ranked above the other Louisville teams that are ranked.

The LIT is seeded by the SETH ratings-----which is a system that the athletic director for Jefferson County Public Schools came up with a few years ago. If I'm not mistaken the "SETH" comes from the name of his son. I think it is some type of weighted computer ranking system but there may be some human element built in. I don't know.

Frankfort loss to North oldham was during the end of football season. All star football games kept a few play from playing that game, but I think Frankfort will have plenty of chances to prove their rank.

Agree 100%. Very nice team.