Here is something the KHSAA needs to/must address:

macdon

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a school cannot provide adequate or has no locker room for a visiting team for a playoff game there should be a change of venue.

I think last night was the first time I had to watch out for the football players walking through the parking lot after the game so I wouldn’t run over them as I was leaving. Those facilities (or lack thereof) reminded me of Lone Oak.

If a school cannot provide adequate or has no locker room for a visiting team for a playoff game there should be a change of venue.

Can you better define adequate?

As far as walking through a parking lot goes I’ve been to a number of places where this is the case. Many schools us the gym/basketball locker room for the visitors. Gyms aren’t always right next to the field.

Can you better define adequate?

As far as walking through a parking lot goes I’ve been to a number of places where this is the case. Many schools us the gym/basketball locker room for the visitors. Gyms aren’t always right next to the field.

Halftime is 15:00 minutes. If the “locker room” is a ten minute walk then it is not adequate. If rest room facilities are not provided that is not adequate. If the visiting team has to take halftime in the middle of the field that is not adequate.

Halftime is 15:00 minutes. If the “locker room” is a ten minute walk then it is not adequate. If rest room facilities are not provided that is not adequate. If the visiting team has to take halftime in the middle of the field that is not adequate.

Where was the home locker room at?

Taylor County. Macdon provided some details earlier.

We have played at Taylor twice in the past three seasons. It is a lengthy walk but I believe their team has the same walk. The lockerroom situation was good and we had access to their gym for meetings and walk thru. I have no idea what happened last night, but from previous experiences, Taylor was good to us.

There was no place for the visiting team to go to the bathroom?

I’ve been a number of places where it was just as easy to stay on the field. It’s not that uncommon.