Kentucky 24 South Carolina 10

16thBBall Fan

Watching the team walk off the field at the half I told my wife they'd play flat in the second half. There was no hustle to get to the locker room, a few players seemed to be playing to the crowd and cameras. Many of them were walking off the field so slow that I could have beat them to the locker room and I have two bad knees.

I thought the D played a great first half but an extremely lazy second half. The offense was blah all night. Hopefully this will be the “down” game every team has at some point in the season.

Kash Daniels with an ultimate bonehead play gets himself tossed from the second half last night and the first half next week. I’m assuming Stoops will be all over him before practice even begins. The rule is the rule, even if they didn’t call targeting they would’ve called a unnecessary roughness on that hit. It still would’ve cost UK 15 yards. Just a dumb selfish play by one of the team leader.

Also thought UKs players were a bit overconfident on offense. Every play it seemed like they and South Carolina’s players had to be separated. Just say to yourselves “we are the better team, just walk away”. Thought the team was playing to the cameras to much and acting completely out of character

The defense for UK played well all night. They got too comfortable with offensive play calling, which could cost them in games going forward depending on who they play.

Yes it seems to be a philosophy in play calling with them that once they have the lead they play not to lose instead of attacking.