Is it too early to write off Danville as a 2A contender?

DevilMayCare

Is it too early to write off the Ads?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Is it too early to write off the Ads?

The Admirals only win so far came against a team that hasn't won a game in two years. But on the other hand, their losses haven't been bad ones. And they led top ranked Boyle County by two scores in the 1st half before the Rebels found their footing.

We're just three weeks in, but there appears to be some separation occurring between the top 3 and the rest of 2A, including the defending champs. Are the Ads simply enduring some early season growing pains after losing some explosive playmakers (including Mr. Football), or is this just not their year?

If Danville can get 2 or 3 more young players in the rotation so their core group doesn't have to play every down they will be just fine. I think they can win the rest of their regular season games and go 3 or 4 rounds in the playoffs with the current group.

Just looking purely at their record, I'd say someone might have some concern.

But, I'm not going to forget about them this early. Honestly, I won't write them off until their season is over.

This feels like a weird conversation to have, especially at this point in the season.