SRO stood outside Parkland while shooting occurred has resigned

Hellcats

Access Denied

Armed Deputy at Florida School Resigns After Failing to Engage Shooter - The New York Times

The armed deputy assigned to the campus of a Florida high school during a deadly shooting last week stayed outside the building during the attack and failed to engage the shooter, the county sheriff said on Thursday.

:bag::cry:

I feel for the guy, but he didn’t do his job. The task of running into a hail of bullets is not easy, and not something anyone can do.

Edited by Hellcats
Added a second link

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a tough position to be in. I cannot imagine what he must be going through. Can any of us ever really know how we will respond when something like that happens? I know how I think I would respond. I tell myself I’d be putting myself between the shooter and the students. But would I? I’ve always responded well in a crisis. But I’ve never been in a deadly situation. There isn’t anyone to warn you what may be coming. You are going about your normal day and then it’s chaos and I can’t even imagine...do you even realize what is happening right away?

I mean I feel for the guy, but he didn’t do his duty. I’m sure the guy has a wife and kids at home and that may be all he was thinking about, but when you put on that badge and walk into that school your number one priority is protecting and serving the students and faculty in that school. It’s sad and I really do have empathy for the guy and I’m not sure what I would do in the situation. But I also didn’t sign up for the job.

I don't know any of the facts on this one but one guard with a handgun is no match for a planned act of terrorism.

However, if you take the job, you take the risk meaning you get your behind in gear and go after the shooter.

Dont call it terrorism, some here don’t like that...

I don't know any of the facts on this one but one guard with a handgun is no match for a planned act of terrorism.

Pro and a con to this. He was a kid with not much of a plan, but he is also mentally unstable. Could go either way. But as you said, If you sign up fo the gig do what you need to do.