Highlands requests to play up in 5A

theguru

I think this is a bad move by the Bluebirds. You guys and gals are out-kicking your coverage.

Additionally, I have heard from numerous sources that Coach Weinrich did NOT want to move up into 5A, I am told he wanted to play in 4A.

I will be interested in hearing from all the Bluebird Factions on BGP.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree. Besides the adults being able to puff out their chest and saying "told you we can play with anyone", why do this. The HC knows more about the talent level he has than anyone. Even if he had Trinity talent at a 1A school, why would you play up? It's not your fault the class you fall into, it's the population shifts throughout the state. Makes zero sense.

How many teams are currently scheduled to play up? Why is Highlands an exception to where if they play in the class they are supposed to it's looked down upon?

I don't know, what's the difference? The real jump is to 6A. 4A and 5A are not that big of a difference. Bowling Green has been great but their HC left (that can change a program). Cov Cath will not be as good as they were last year. No reason to change. I believe playing up kind of gives you a mental advantage.

I don't know, what's the difference? The real jump is to 6A. 4A and 5A are not that big of a difference. Bowling Green has been great but their HC left (that can change a program). Cov Cath will not be as good as they were last year. No reason to change. I believe playing up kind of gives you a mental advantage.

5A is a beast now. South Warren is better than BG and BG is still better than most and Scott County is now in 5A. How good has Highlands been against Scott County in recent years? CovCath has shown to be cyclical as has Cooper and all it takes is one win in November over Highlands and the season is over. There is no mental edge in losing.

I have to agree. Besides the adults being able to puff out their chest and saying "told you we can play with anyone", why do this. The HC knows more about the talent level he has than anyone. Even if he had Trinity talent at a 1A school, why would you play up? It's not your fault the class you fall into, it's the population shifts throughout the state. Makes zero sense.

How many teams are currently scheduled to play up? Why is Highlands an exception to where if they play in the class they are supposed to it's looked down upon?

I’m with you all of the way. Nothing wrong with playing in your regular class and if you dominate that class then move up. Otherwise, stay where you should be and work harder.

Perhaps playin up decision is due to proximity of 5A schools in playoff district vs. where they would have to go to compete vs. 4A KY schools? And what does it really matter? The Bluebirds schedule is always full of 6A schools: Ryle, Cooper, Campbell, Simon K., Scott Co., Boone, Lex Cath, Cov Cath - NET: The names on the schedule would NOT change much at all no matter 3A, 4A or 5A. And as far as out kicking your coverage or whatever that expression was in thread - didn't they just win a state 5A title three years ago? And like seven straight prior to that ? :)

Perhaps playin up decision is due to proximity of 5A schools in playoff district vs. where they would have to go to compete vs. 4A KY schools? And what does it really matter? The Bluebirds schedule is always full of 6A schools: Ryle, Cooper, Campbell, Simon K., Scott Co., Boone, Lex Cath, Cov Cath - NET: The names on the schedule would NOT change much at all no matter 3A, 4A or 5A. And as far as out kicking your coverage or whatever that expression was in thread - didn't they just win a state 5A title three years ago? And like seven straight prior to that ? :)

Yeah people forget and are enjoying the recent struggles too much. Also not really sure what the work harder sayings are about, I feel like it is a dig at highlands :isurrender:

Scott and Holmes are the only other 4a schools in NKY, and they did share a district with them a few years back. Travel might be an issue as right now in the current proposal, Scott and Holmes are in a district with Boyd, Rowan, and Harrison. Harrison isn't a bad trip, but Rowan and Boyd aren't fun drives from NKY. I think 5a is probably the best choice for Highlands.

5A is a beast now. South Warren is better than BG and BG is still better than most and Scott County is now in 5A. How good has Highlands been against Scott County in recent years? CovCath has shown to be cyclical as has Cooper and all it takes is one win in November over Highlands and the season is over. There is no mental edge in losing.

I'm not sure about your logic in assessing that South Warren is better than BG. The series is 1-1

Game 1: BG 43 - SW 7

Game 2: SW 28 - BG 21

:down:

Also not really sure what the work harder sayings are about, I feel like it is a dig at highlands :isurrender:

It's a dig at the Highlands "supporters" who want BW out and say the only thing Highlands needs to do to return to their overly-successful ways is to "just work harder."

It matters if the goal is to win a state championship. It will be much tougher to win 5A than it would be to win 4A.