Highlands requests to play up in 5A

theguru

Yeah people forget and are enjoying the recent struggles too much. Also not really sure what the work harder sayings are about, I feel like it is a dig at highlands :isurrender:

I don't enjoy the struggle at all, I hate it. But the bottom line is when you are struggling you don't make things tougher on yourself when you don't have to.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott and Holmes are the only other 4a schools in NKY, and they did share a district with them a few years back. Travel might be an issue as right now in the current proposal, Scott and Holmes are in a district with Boyd, Rowan, and Harrison. Harrison isn't a bad trip, but Rowan and Boyd aren't fun drives from NKY. I think 5a is probably the best choice for Highlands.

So one road trip a year and Highlands is throwing the baby out with the bathwater...

And again, if the goal is to win a state championship then moving up to 5A is DEFINITELY NOT the best choice for Highlands.

South Warren will defeat BG next year. That’s how I assess it.

South Warren on the rise, Scott County down to 5A, CovCath at an all time high, Frederick Douglass in the mix... WoW 5A is going to be strong.

That's how I assess it PP92. :)

The last time they did realignment and Highlands chose to play up - did anyone think that was a mistake?

The last time there was realignment and Covington Catholic chose to play up from 4A to 5A - did anyone think it was a mistake?

The last time there was realignment, Covington Catholic had not beaten Highlands in 7 years. In fact, Covington Catholic lost to other teams besides Highlands in the playoffs a couple of those years and didn't even make it to the Highlands rematch in round 3 of the playoffs. Did people think it was a mistake for Covington Catholic to choose to play up to 5A? (CCH was 4A by enrollment the last time there was realignment).

I am having a hard time understanding why people think Highlands, arguably the greatest high school football program in Kentucky history, should not choose to play up. Why not play up, especially when it helps so much with scheduling, less travel and gets higher attendance at games?

The Purples lost to South Warren when it counted. Can't erase that. However, the Purples played as bad of a game as they have in perhaps 3 years and still had a shot.

Purples will be just fine. Time will tell.

South Warren on the rise, Scott County down to 5A, CovCath at an all time high, Frederick Douglass in the mix... WoW 5A is going to be strong.

That's how I assess it PP92. :)