What the bowl committee taught us the last two seasons & Will they continue?

newarkcatholicfan

2016- They taught us a team can win their last game, but not make the conferences final. And make the playoffs.

2017- They taught us you can lose your last game, not make the conference final and still make the playoffs.

We have also be taught a non power five team can go undefeated and not make the playoffs.

Not debatable just two facts.

Does anyone think they will continue with these two new ways a team can make the playoffs? Or will this change depending on team and conference?

What they have said is that they are going to pick whom they believe to be the 4 best teams with no predetermined qualifiers.

As for UCF it just sucks for them that power 5 schools won't play them and their SOS is low. Does anyone think they go undefeated in a power 5 confernces...no they would not.

The committee, consisting of coaches, AD's and otger foitball minds was constructed to pick the 4 best teams for tge playoffs using many metrics and watching football film. It's what everyone cried for after Bama LSU 2. The top 4 teams made tge playoffs each year....job complete as I see it

They have not taught us anything because every year is different. How many undefeated teams will there be next year? How many one loss teams? How many 2 loss teams that are Conference Champions? No one knows.

Next year there could be 1 undefeated team, 1 one loss team and 9 teams with 2 losses and we will say the Committee taught us something new.

What they have said is that they are going to pick whom they believe to be the 4 best teams with no predetermined qualifiers.

As for UCF it just sucks for them that power 5 schools won't play them and their SOS is low. Does anyone think they go undefeated in a power 5 confernces...no they would not.

SOS and the thought that if they were in a power 5/ no undefeated season. UCF Out.

Unless they require teams outside P5 be included in the 8 team playoff, a team like UCF would still be outside looking in.

I wouldn't have had an issue with UCF being in an 8 team playoff, but I hate the idea of any team being required to be in. Even if it expands I don't want auto qualifiers, give us the best 8 teams and if the Big 12 or SEC Champ has 3 or 4 losses then they may not make it in.

power 5 will play them. They had two on the schedule this year. Looks like they've played one or two every year.

UCF AD Says they will hang a banner claiming the national championship and pay the coaching staff the bonuses written into their contracts if they would win a national championship.

I for one live this move. I wish Utah would’ve had the guts to do this back when they went undefeated. The NCAA DI championship has been a farce since day one. Even though it has gotten way closer 100% legitimacy it’s still not a perfect set up. I agree with Everyone saying UCF doesn’t run the table in a major conference but how many grams do? I just hate the fact that BY RULE they weren’t even allowed to compete in a playoff.

I believe the current 4 team playoff Is in affect until 2020? Until then we won’t see expansion. 8 would be perfect