Bengals next coach

LRCW

Who will it be? What type of coach do the Bengals need to be successful in the AFC North, and be able to win playoff games? Knowing Mike Brown and the Bengals they will probably just promote Paul Guenther or Bill Lazor.

[h=6][/h]

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I been saying Josh Mcdaniels for the last few years now. I believe he would utilize the talent on offense better than any oc we have had. I like that he does have head coaching experience. So I think he would have learned from some previous mistakes.

With that said with the Giants Job being open, the Colts, and who knows possibly Dallas. It may be hard to get him now. Even though I think the Bengals would be an attractive team for him because he could win right away. It would all depend on Mike Brown and Mcdaniels liking what he hears or not in that conversation.

I been saying Josh Mcdaniels for the last few years now. I believe he would utilize the talent on offense better than any oc we have had. I like that he does have head coaching experience. So I think he would have learned from some previous mistakes.

With that said with the Giants Job being open, the Colts, and who knows possibly Dallas. It may be hard to get him now. Even though I think the Bengals would be an attractive team for him because he could win right away. It would all depend on Mike Brown and Mcdaniels liking what he hears or not in that conversation.

I've heard or read McDaniels name mentioned more than once. I've also heard Chris Peterson's name thrown around. Do you think a coach like McDaniels is going to be able to come in right away and fix the offensive problems without upgrades to the offensive line and receiving corp? How will a new coach be able to handle problem players like Burfict and Jones?

Bengals need a disciplinarian of sorts. Someone who will hold guys accountable and not put up with the garbage that has plagued the franchise during the Marvin era. I think he's going to be a really good HC, and soon, but McDaniels is not that guy.

I'd go after Mike Vrabel, Todd Haley, or Jim Harbaugh.

Bengals need a disciplinarian of sorts. Someone who will hold guys accountable and not put up with the garbage that has plagued the franchise during the Marvin era. I think he's going to be a really good HC, and soon, but McDaniels is not that guy.

I'm not a huge NFL fan, but am a fan of the Bengals. What happened to Harbaugh in San Francisco. He had some early success, then things seemed to go south really quickly there.

I'm not a huge NFL fan, but am a fan of the Bengals. What happened to Harbaugh in San Francisco. He had some early success, then things seemed to go south really quickly there.

The front office turned on him.

He went 13-3, 11-4-1, 12-4 and 8-8 in his four years there. Dude has been successful everywhere he's coached. He's a jack wagon that no one likes, but guy can coach IMO.

The front office turned on him.

He went 13-3, 11-4-1, 12-4 and 8-8 in his four years there. Dude has been successful everywhere he's coached. He's a jack wagon that no one likes, but guy can coach IMO.

Thanks. Weren't some of his players pretty critical of him as well?

Are you guys serious? Do you really think the job is going to be open? Mike Brown is not going to let Marvin Lewis go. Unless Marvin leaves to pursue another job, he will be back next year.

Are you guys serious? Do you really think the job is going to be open? Mike Brown is not going to let Marvin Lewis go. Unless Marvin leaves to pursue another job, he will be back next year.

He gone.

We missed the boat when they let Zimmer go to Minnesota.

I'll toss out a couple of names that you don't normally hear...Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Smith.

Whisenhunt is currently the OC for the Chargers, and held the same position for the Steelers when they won the Super Bowl in 2005. Also took the Cardinals to the Super Bowl in 2008.

Smith is the DC for the Bucs right now. Took the Falcons to the playoffs 4 of 7 years as their HC. If Marvin goes willingly, and puts in a recommendation for his replacement, I think Smith would be high on that last. I think they are good friends.

I'll toss out a couple of names that you don't normally hear...Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Smith.

Whisenhunt is currently the OC for the Chargers, and held the same position for the Steelers when they won the Super Bowl in 2005. Also took the Cardinals to the Super Bowl in 2008.

Smith is the DC for the Bucs right now. Took the Falcons to the playoffs 4 of 7 years as their HC. If Marvin goes willingly, and puts in a recommendation for his replacement, I think Smith would be high on that last. I think they are good friends.

The bolded is good enough reason for me to eliminate Smith from consideration if I'm the Bengals decision makers.

Mike Brown isn't going to steer away from his "good ole boys". It'll be in-house, Hue Jackson, or Jay Gruden unfortunately.

I agree that they need a no-nonsense/disciplinarian coach, but they need a no-nonsense owner first. Otherwise, I don't think the mix would work.