NFL Logic

Do you ever ponder NFL Logic, and wonder why it has zero to do with what real, live logic looks like?

Two recent examples that scream out to me, but I would appreciate other exasperated NFL fans to add to this:

• The NFL owners — despite the objections of the league's most powerful owner — are going forward with a contract extension for the most reviled commissioner in pro sports history. With a nice raise. It's like they don't even realize the correction that is coming in terms of how much the network contracts will go for next time, as well as the fact that Amazon/YouTube/NetFlix/Yahoo and others figure to be bidding next time.

• The Should-Be San Diego Chargers are trucking a Buffalo team that was on the inside track to end a playoff drought of darned-near two decades right now because the Bills decided today was the day for a change from their quite adequate and occasionally spectacular regular QB to some rookie named Peterman, who responded by throwing a gross amount of INTs in just one half.

NFL Logic: It's not like real logic, and you don't have to be Spock to spot this stuff.

• The Should-Be San Diego Chargers are trucking a Buffalo team that was on the inside track to end a playoff drought of darned-near two decades right now because the Bills decided today was the day for a change from their quite adequate and occasionally spectacular regular QB to some rookie named Peterman, who responded by throwing a gross amount of INTs in just one half.

NFL Logic: It's not like real logic, and you don't have to be Spock to spot this stuff.

That exasperated me to be honest. If they were out of contention, sure. But they’re knee deep in the playoff race. Peterman has quite possibly the worst debut in the league’s history.

That exasperated me to be honest. If they were out of contention, sure. But they’re knee deep in the playoff race. Peterman has quite possibly the worst debut in the league’s history.

I was very disappointed they took him out. We could have seen an 8-10 INT game.

The NFL leadership (owners, GMs, coaches) seems like a perfect example of a group who think they are very smart, want to get an edge by being "smarter," then do dumb things, only to reveal they were never that smart in the first place.

I think the NFL leadership outsmarted themselves. I am not a fan of a structure that gives players too much power. Then you get what MLB and NBA has with players needing to lead the sport. However, the structure in place has given "leadership" too much power and stripped so much from the players to the point it is a bad thing.

Everyone on the Bills coaching staff should be fired. Just a baffling decision.

From what I heard yesterday, it wasn't really a coaching decision to bench Taylor, but that the decision came from higher up the chain of command. It is baffling to say the least.:confused:

Aren't these two statements contradictory?

That's what I was thinking.

I guess, but I meant they can make players stand for Anthem or fine the heck out of them until they do have respect.

As of Judge and Jury, I was referring to Ezikel Elliot case.