Is it Appropriate to....

THS2011

There seems like a lot of "debate" on the Trinity vs Campbell County game about whether or not the announcers should announce the running clock. Maybe it's just a Trinity thing, but they announce the running clock every time there is one. Thoughts?

There seems like a lot of "debate" on the Trinity vs Campbell County game about whether or not the announcers should announce the running clock. Maybe it's just a Trinity thing, but they announce the running clock every time there is one. Thoughts?

Absolutely appropriate. At Garrard, our announcer says "from this point forward there will be a continuous clock." I think it makes all aware of why the clock isn't stopping, although it does sometimes lead to fans yelling for the clock to keep running when it is stopped for rule reasons.

I thought it was just one guy being a sore loser in the final score thread. :idunno:

Depends on how it is announced I guess LOL

"From this point forward there will be a running clock..." (100% acceptable and should be the standard)

"Ladies and Gentlemen we have YET ANOTHER running clock... go ahead and order your pizza's for pick-up because you are getting out of here early!!!!! GOOOOO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!" (100% unacceptable)

I think that the following is pretty close to what was said. "Per KHSAA rules, the remainder of the game will be played with a running clock". I don't see a thing wrong with it. I also have no problem with announcing plans for ticket sales. Season ticket holders need to know how to get their seats for the following week. At that point in the game, if there was anyone in the stadium that didn't know that Trinity would be advancing to the next round, I am sorry that the news was broken so abruptly.