Is it Appropriate to....

THS2011

My 2 cents is that what was said at Trinity is no worse then what happens at many stadiums when the PA guys are unabashed cheerleaders for the home team. I just looked at a satellite photo of the Campbell County football facility and I notice stands on only 1 side of the field. On Friday night which team is on the bench in front of the stands?

My 2 cents is that what was said at Trinity is no worse then what happens at many stadiums when the PA guys are unabashed cheerleaders for the home team. I just looked at a satellite photo of the Campbell County football facility and I notice stands on only 1 side of the field. On Friday night which team is on the bench in front of the stands?

I believe it’s the visiting team.

I believe it’s the visiting team.

The same offended fan from the first thread also took offense that someone from Trinity standing along the fence talked to a player from Campbell County. Is that same person going to try to maintain that if the visiting team's bench is in front of home team fans that nothing is ever said to or about the visiting players?

Seems just a bit hypocritical to me.

Totally a function of the tone of the announcement. If it is done in the same celebratory tone as ..."First down, Kentucky!" and that would perhaps be..."Another Trinity running clock!!!!".....Than I think one could feel justifiably belittled at the expense of an announcers blustering ego. However, I do think the fans should be told something like..."there will be a running clock from this point forward".

The same offended fan from the first thread also took offense that someone from Trinity standing along the fence talked to a player from Campbell County. Is that same person going to try to maintain that if the visiting team's bench is in front of home team fans that nothing is ever said to or about the visiting players?

Not taking a side...but that really can't happen at CCHS. There is a track and a bench buffer, as well as a no stand rail. The distance between the stands and the players is a non factor...but I get what you're getting at....

Now at HHS, completely different story...but they also understand how a running clock works...

May want to chalk this one up to football IQ

Visiting players at CC are in front of the stands, but rather removed from them. Players are insulated by a 10 foot walk way and then an 8 lane track. CC fans are usually too busy trying to call the CC offense to mess with the visiting team. Trinity was a rather intimate setting, more college like, with the fans right on top of the field. I quite liked it. Really let you feel part of the game listening to the green team d lineman dropping the F bombs. Stay classy T

Visiting players at CC are in front of the stands, but rather removed from them. Players are insulated by a 10 foot walk way and then an 8 lane track. CC fans are usually too busy trying to call the CC offense to mess with the visiting team. Trinity was a rather intimate setting, more college like, with the fans right on top of the field. I quite liked it. Really let you feel part of the game listening to the green team d lineman dropping the F bombs. Stay classy T

Come on...Don't act like the boys on the other side of the ball aren't dropping curse words as well. It happens in all sports on all teams.

Come on...Don't act like the boys on the other side of the ball aren't dropping curse words as well. It happens in all sports on all teams.

I did not infer that. I was only communicating what I observed with the intimate field in Louisville. I like being that close to the action.

My stay classy reference was to the fans rather than the players.

I did not infer that. I was only communicating what I observed with the intimate field in Louisville. I like being that close to the action.

My stay classy reference was to the fans rather than the players.

Campbell County fans telling other fans to stay classy?! Now I've really heard it all! :lol: