USWNT In Cincinnati

GrantNKY

I'm very glad they pushed the start time back 30 minutes. It took me an hour and 15 minutes to park and walk to the stadium. The garage I always park is a passes only lot now, so I had to find a cash lot.

The game and atmosphere was great. Our seats were right in the corner, which doesn't bode well for seeing the entire field, but my daughter thought it was cool being that close to the players.

IMG_1129.JPG

IMG_1129.JPG

I'm very glad they pushed the start time back 30 minutes.

My fellow beer vendors and I were thrilled about this as well. Sure helped us and glad fans were able to get there before kickoff.

Nippert provided such a wonderful atmosphere. I couldn't tell you anything about the game but that place was rocking, as usual for large soccer crowds.

I believe they set the record for the National Women's Team in the state of Ohio. Makes me think there could be more to come.

I'm very glad they pushed the start time back 30 minutes. It took me an hour and 15 minutes to park and walk to the stadium. The garage I always park is a passes only lot now, so I had to find a cash lot.

The game and atmosphere was great. Our seats were right in the corner, which doesn't bode well for seeing the entire field, but my daughter thought it was cool being that close to the players.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63910[/ATTACH]

I park in the parking garage in Stratford Heights over by the greek houses. Very easy to get in and out of and was about a 5 minute walk to Nippert. Only $10 too. Most I saw were $20.

I will never understand the need for these kind of nonsensical comments in threads. Why not just let those who do enjoy soccer discuss the match?

Okay. Good point. I'll stop.

But it was kind of funny right?

Last night was the first time I've ever seen turf watered. Does anyone know the reasoning of watering the field at halftime?

Actually had this answered for me at a game not long ago. Threefold answer:

1) On a warm day, it reduces surface temperature.

2) A slicker surface helps reduce skin abrasions and occasions where a cleat getting stuck can cause ankle or knee injuries.

3) It actually helps the little rubber pellets settle. Between that and any water that sticks to the grass, the reduced friction helps the ball pass faster and truer and so players prefer it.