5A # 9 Highlands vs. 6A #9 Ryle

Pete W

Who wins Highlands or Ryle  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Highlands or Ryle

Highlands hot start for 2017 hit a large speed bump in a 20-71 loss to 6A Scott County. The Bluebirds now try to get their momentum back hosting the 2-1 Ryle Raiders. Ryle was thumped by Covington Catholic 17-49, then got two wins against 0-3 Henry Clay and 0-2 Boone County. The verdict is still out on both teams as they have won the games they should and lost the games they were expected to. This game should answer questions for both sides.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will not prove or show anything. Based on yesterday's jv roster I would expect 2 sophomores to be in the backfield unless someone is moved this week. Linebacker corp is really banged up and will certainly be needed for this game as ryle is going to run run run and run somemore

We all know what excuses are like right? Ryle starts several sophomores as well and has some key players injuried

We all know what excuses are like right? Ryle starts several sophomores as well and has some key players injuried

Didn't someone ask about the injuries to the Birds? They have many injuries and are really banged up at key positions. That's the answer to the question. How would you want him to answer?

The good thing is these kids are going to get baptized now and may be able to contribute when it means something. The more depth you have in the playoffs the better you'll be.

There aren't many programs that could survive what they are going through right now. It's part of the game and you just do your best to stay competitive until you get your guys back. This happens from time to time and it makes you better in the long run but can result in a couple tough weeks when you play good competition.

After seeing both teams play, this should be a great game. I give a slight edge to Ryle in this one, but if the Birds are successful in the air at all, they can win this one

This is where they still have a shot. Even though there is at least one receiver down this week, it's the least injured of all the attacks. If they can get at least a threat from the running game, the passing game could be their savior. With the defense banged up, I think they'll have to outscore Ryle to win. Cause I'm not sure they will slow down Chisholm and England this week.

Didn't someone ask about the injuries to the Birds? They have many injuries and are really banged up at key positions. That's the answer to the question. How would you want him to answer?

The good thing is these kids are going to get baptized now and may be able to contribute when it means something. The more depth you have in the playoffs the better you'll be.

There aren't many programs that could survive what they are going through right now. It's part of the game and you just do your best to stay competitive until you get your guys back. This happens from time to time and it makes you better in the long run but can result in a couple tough weeks when you play good competition.

I apologize I did not see that was a response to a question. I agree with everything you said. Looking forward to a great game Friday.

This is where they still have a shot. Even though there is at least one receiver down this week, it's the least injured of all the attacks. If they can get at least a threat from the running game, the passing game could be their savior. With the defense banged up, I think they'll have to outscore Ryle to win. Cause I'm not sure they will slow down Chisholm and England this week.

You have to load the box to have a chance at stopping those two. It will hurt you though as we are going to pass, and quite often. Loading the box will leave a one on one somewhere. 3rd week under the new scheme and we will just keep getting better. Secondary has cleaned up their play. ( though admit-tingly we have not played a pass happy team ) I believe our D-line gets a good push and pass rush and harasses the Qb all night. Chisholm is faster and quicker than anyone on the field and get's over 200. I realistically see a 21 point difference. We win the trench war. Ryle wins.