Warren East hires Jeff Griffith as new football coach.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck in Raider Town! I think East could compete on a consistent level. They don't have to play BG or South Warren and now is the time to play Warren Central, so that only leaves beating Allen County Scottsville and your hosting a playoff game! I'm saying they won't beat Franklin anytime soon, but still #2 in the District is very attainable IMO.

Where was Griffith previously?

Head Coach at Barren County.

'90-'94 Bowling Green Assistant

'95-'97 Greenwood Assistant

'98-'01 Wayne County Head Coach (19-25 w/l)

'02-'12 Bowling Green Assistant

'13-'14 Boone County Head Coach (1-21 w/l)

'15-'16 Barren County Head Coach (5-17 w/l)

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

'90-'94 Bowling Green Assistant

'95-'97 Greenwood Assistant

'98-'01 Wayne County Head Coach (19-25 w/l)

'02-'12 Bowling Green Assistant

'13-'14 Boone County Head Coach (1-21 w/l)

'15-'16 Barren County Head Coach (5-17 w/l)

Nice work CWB!

I think Coach Griffith is a good coach! I also feel he will like coming to BG and not having to face BG anymore. I think it's a good hire by Warren East.

He certainly turned Boone County around. They are still trying to recover. Two years and one win and then bolts. From what I am told, he is really disorganized when it comes to fulfilling head coaching duties (practice schedules, etc.). Some people are great assistant coaches, but are not as good as head coaches.

He certainly turned Boone County around. They are still trying to recover. Two years and one win and then bolts. From what I am told, he is really disorganized when it comes to fulfilling head coaching duties (practice schedules, etc.). Some people are great assistant coaches, but are not as good as head coaches.

Classic.

Boone parents ran him out on a rail. Griffith went into Boone talking about instituting a platoon system, and explaining that it would me at least 1 or 2 years of tough losses, but patience would pay off in the long run. I spoke with multiple folks from the Boone County fanbase, and patience was NOT what they were offering.

Coach Griff inherited a mess at Boone County, an overall lack of talent, a couple of assistant coaches that were not good fits, and suspect administrative support.

I didn't mean to turn this into a Griff vs Boone thing. I honestly just wanted to know if it was the same guy. I was not around when Griff was head coach, my son was still in pee wee. I have no opinion of him as a coach, good or ill, since I have no experience with him. I wish him nothing but the best in every endeavor.