Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Warren East hires Jeff Griffith as new football coach.

Featured Replies

Coach Griffith heads to Warren East after being HC at Barren County. Good luck to Coach Griffith and the Raiders!

  • Replies 32
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good hire for the Raiders. With the name and connections Griffith has he should be able to keep some of the better players at East.

I really like Coach Griffith and I think he is a good dude and good football coach.

 

Congrats Coach!

Best of luck in Raider Town! I think East could compete on a consistent level. They don't have to play BG or South Warren and now is the time to play Warren Central, so that only leaves beating Allen County Scottsville and your hosting a playoff game! I'm saying they won't beat Franklin anytime soon, but still #2 in the District is very attainable IMO.

What is the over/under on years at the helm? It sounds like the opportunity is there to succeed so is it safe to say it will be more than two seasons?

Where was Griffith previously?

 

Head Coach at Barren County.

  • Author
Where was Griffith previously?

 

Head Coach at Barren County.

 

'90-'94 Bowling Green Assistant

'95-'97 Greenwood Assistant

'98-'01 Wayne County Head Coach (19-25 w/l)

'02-'12 Bowling Green Assistant

'13-'14 Boone County Head Coach (1-21 w/l)

'15-'16 Barren County Head Coach (5-17 w/l)

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

'90-'94 Bowling Green Assistant

'95-'97 Greenwood Assistant

'98-'01 Wayne County Head Coach (19-25 w/l)

'02-'12 Bowling Green Assistant

'13-'14 Boone County Head Coach (1-21 w/l)

'15-'16 Barren County Head Coach (5-17 w/l)

 

Nice work CWB!

 

I think Coach Griffith is a good coach! I also feel he will like coming to BG and not having to face BG anymore. I think it's a good hire by Warren East.

'98-'01 Wayne County Head Coach (19-25 w/l)

 

I had totally forgot about that.

I wondered if that was the same Coach Griff that was at Boone. He never really got under way at Boone.

He certainly turned Boone County around. They are still trying to recover. Two years and one win and then bolts. From what I am told, he is really disorganized when it comes to fulfilling head coaching duties (practice schedules, etc.). Some people are great assistant coaches, but are not as good as head coaches.

  • Author
He certainly turned Boone County around. They are still trying to recover. Two years and one win and then bolts. From what I am told, he is really disorganized when it comes to fulfilling head coaching duties (practice schedules, etc.). Some people are great assistant coaches, but are not as good as head coaches.

 

Classic.

 

Boone parents ran him out on a rail. Griffith went into Boone talking about instituting a platoon system, and explaining that it would me at least 1 or 2 years of tough losses, but patience would pay off in the long run. I spoke with multiple folks from the Boone County fanbase, and patience was NOT what they were offering.

He certainly turned Boone County around. They are still trying to recover. Two years and one win and then bolts. From what I am told, he is really disorganized when it comes to fulfilling head coaching duties (practice schedules, etc.). Some people are great assistant coaches, but are not as good as head coaches.

 

Coach Griff inherited a mess at Boone County, an overall lack of talent, a couple of assistant coaches that were not good fits, and suspect administrative support.

I didn't mean to turn this into a Griff vs Boone thing. I honestly just wanted to know if it was the same guy. I was not around when Griff was head coach, my son was still in pee wee. I have no opinion of him as a coach, good or ill, since I have no experience with him. I wish him nothing but the best in every endeavor.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.