The Final Nail in the Coffin for Obamacare?

Anthem Blue Cross Predicted to Flee Obamacare | MRCTV

Late Thursday, Feb. 30, CNBC, Reuters, and a few other observant news outlets reported that Anthem (Blue Cross) is likely to pull out of the nightmarish Obamacare “marketplace” (a fascist non-market controlled by politicians) in 2018.

I've seen rumors that an official announcement will be coming next week.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have do doubt in my mind that the Democrats were so confident that they were going to keep the White House that they passed Obamacare knowing full well it would fail. Then President Clin-ders would have swooped in like a dove and offered government run single payor as the only option to replace the flawed system that they passed but Republicans refused to fix.

I say let it completely fail. Prove a point. Then rebuild it from scratch. That way everyone gets to see who was lying. Expose the pretenders.

How can this happen? Just last week Shummer and Pelosi and all the other liberals said Obamacare was just wonderful. I'm so glad that my monthly premium was 99.50 in 2013 and now it is 401.00 for a 5,000.00 deductible and worse coverage. Oh well, at least I have the privilege of paying for all of the able bodied slugs that choose not to work.

The cynicism on display in this thread is magnificent.

Makes me want to pull up the "Do you hope the new president succeeds?" thread.

Congressional Republicans have offered NOTHING on healthcare for years. They finally had the opportunity to either fix things or repeal it and they botched that up good. It was clear evidence that they wanted to burn Democrats but have little to offer as a governing party.

Democrats share plenty of blame in this as they've done nothing to curb out of control healthcare costs and proposed next to nothing in that regard. Schumer ought to be sitting in the Senate and putting different bills on offer once every day for tweaking the unmanageable parts of ACA.

Congressional Republicans have offered NOTHING on healthcare for years. They finally had the opportunity to either fix things or repeal it and they botched that up good. It was clear evidence that they wanted to burn Democrats but have little to offer as a governing party.

Democrats share plenty of blame in this as they've done nothing to curb out of control healthcare costs and proposed next to nothing in that regard. Schumer ought to be sitting in the Senate and putting different bills on offer once every day for tweaking the unmanageable parts of ACA.

Problem is Schumer really has no power. Thats getting ready to be proven this week.

The cynicism is justified when it comes to the ACA. It was horrific from the get go and was nothing more than a cheap ruse to force single payer. They knew it was unsustainable and pushed it on us anyway.

I do agree with you on blame being on both sides.

The cynicism is justified when it comes to the ACA. It was horrific from the get go and was nothing more than a cheap ruse to force single payer. They knew it was unsustainable and pushed it on us anyway.

I do agree with you on blame being on both sides.

Can't argue with that.

Now it's the R's turn at bat. With a count of 0-1.

The Democrats knew this was a flawed bill but so desperate to pass ANYTHING that they let this flawed bill be passed. When Ted Kennedy died and his seat went to Scott Brown they gave up any chance to put forth a good bill by passing this monstrosity through reconciliation. If this was a good bill then why did Obama feel the need to delay or halt parts of it through executive action?

Can't argue with that.

Now it's the R's turn at bat. With a count of 0-1.

The R's are 0-1 because they tried to "fix" Obamacare. The weren't put in office to fix Obamacare. The best thing for republicans to do is let Obamacare fail as it was designed to do, then develop a new system.

How do republicans share blame for Obamacare? It is unfixable. Too many reliant parts that removing one, creates new problems. They have to get rid of it completely, but full repeal would not be the best political decision. They need to let it fail, then pass a replacement.