The Final Nail in the Coffin for Obamacare?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a survey that said nearly 60% of physicians now want a single-payer system so they don't have to deal with Obamacare or insurance companies. Some physicians now take cash only for services because they are so fed up with insurance companies.

If Republicans at this point let Obamacare collapse when they have the power to fix it it would look very bad on them

I guess that's a no, then? :idunno:

From a purely personal standpoint, that would be absolutely correct. When I retired in 2008, our health insurance premium was on a trajectory to double every 6 years or so. Before Obamacare.

My premium has stayed the same, with a small increase in deductible.

From a purely personal standpoint, that would be absolutely correct. When I retired in 2008, our health insurance premium was on a trajectory to double every 6 years or so. Before Obamacare.

You're welcome.

Odd to me how my healthcare insurance and the insurance of everyone I know is worse and more expensive. I can't figure out how you and a few others have it better now than majority of us. Even still, it's an overall failure.

Odd to me how my healthcare insurance and the insurance of everyone I know is worse and more expensive. I can't figure out how you and a few others have it better now than majority of us. Even still, it's an overall failure.

Mine hasn't changed a bit.

Family plans at my company went up. I think the main thing was it went from covering unlimited kids to a multiplier as the number of kids went up.

Joking aside to @mcpapa, that was kind of my point. I am happy that everyone has "coverage", but I absolutely won't use mine, because I now have a $5,000 family deductible so it is more of a stop loss than anything else. Additionally, because I had a one-up record year, my tax bill was considerably higher in 2016 due to additional provisions of the AHCA. To me making healthcare affordable and providing insurance aren't necessarily the same thing.

Joking aside to @mcpapa, that was kind of my point. I am happy that everyone has "coverage", but I absolutely won't use mine, because I now have a $5,000 family deductible so it is more of a stop loss than anything else. Additionally, because I had a one-up record year, my tax bill was considerably higher in 2016 due to additional provisions of the AHCA. To me making healthcare affordable and providing insurance aren't necessarily the same thing.

Many of us have always said that there's a big difference between healthcare and healthcare insurance.

Those tax things have never affected me. Haven't even itemized for years.