Conner High school Turf Field

UK#1fanisback

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember Shaun Alexander was willing to donate the funds so that Boone County could have a turf field and the Board of Ed said they could't do it unless he donated the same amount to the other county schools (Cooper not existing at the time) so that it was fair.

Maybe that story was always made up.

I seem to remember Shaun Alexander was willing to donate the funds so that Boone County could have a turf field and the Board of Ed said they could't do it unless he donated the same amount to the other county schools (Cooper not existing at the time) so that it was fair.

I heard the same story. How was it that Ryle was able to do it and not Boone?

He was only putting up a partial amount for Boone, not the entire amount. The school board wouldn't match as they'd also have to turf the others.

I heard the same story. How was it that Ryle was able to do it and not Boone?

Ryle had private donors that covered 100% of the cost.

The Conner community will make this happen. Long overdue IMO - Conner's facilities are in desperate need of upgrades and it's clear tax $ isn't the answer.

Have never been to a game there but drove by this fall to check it out and was less than impressed. It didn't appear anything had been improved in a long time. Here's hoping this happens for their kids and community! :thumb:

He was only putting up a partial amount for Boone, not the entire amount. The school board wouldn't match as they'd also have to turf the others.

Ryle had private donors that covered 100% of the cost.

Who covers the cost of on going maintenance on Ryle's field? When the time comes for a replacement, who will cover that expense?

Who covers the cost of on going maintenance on Ryle's field? When the time comes for a replacement, who will cover that expense?

The ongoing maintenance is a lot cheaper than the maintenance of a grass field. No mowing, fertilizing, watering, and painting. I know the maintenance guys like the field being turf as it's less work for them. As for covering a replacement down the road, it'll have to be donors again unless this change with the BOE. I don't foresee them having any issues with donors in the foreseeable future with the way that area has grown and is growing.