Simon Kenton 71 Walton Verona 42

No it's not. Walton-Verona will be fine. They played one of the top teams in the state. WV will compete for the 8th region All A and will win 15 games this year. Today is a learning experience.

I would agree 100%. I would say that Tiger1 is on the clueless side on this one. There have been several things for the WV Girls to deal with this year. They will be fine.

@sportsmaniac Fifteen wins should be pretty easy. Starting off 4-0 kind of ensures it. I would say there are about three "A" teams that have a legitimate chance to win the Regional All A and Walton is certainly one of them.

If Walton beat Grant would this create a 3 team tie for the 2,3, and 4 seed? Assuming Simon beats all three. Because they only play each other once right?

I would agree 100%. I would say that Tiger1 is on the clueless side on this one. There have been several things for the WV Girls to deal with this year. They will be fine.

:laugh: Fantasy land must be nice for you!!! I said before the season starts that Walton would struggle because they don't have the talent like they have had the past 6-7 years.

Come talk to me in March.

Walton Verona is a nice team. I think they will make some noise this year and are certainly not as devoided of talent as some have said. They will have their bumps in the road but will also give a lot of teams all they want

Offensively

Walton shoots then all pretty well but they really need to develops some type of inside game. They are also not a selfish team which leads them to some great looks due for their ball movement

Defensively

They can throw multiple looks at you and need to continue to refine There 1-3-1 is effective and so is their 2-3

Zone press and man to man need to tighten up and I can see that coming as the year plays out

If you overlook the bearcats you may find yourself in a battle

I do hope that #20 Strunk for Walton Verona recovers from her fall tonight.

Simon Kenton played a strong defensive game from the start. Quite a few deflections and steals during the game from SK.

This year's SK team is quick, has very good ball movement during the game and more balanced scoring from starters and importantly from the bench.

SK had three players scoring double digits: Ally Niece -14, Kendyl Gilliam -13, and Morgan Stamper -10.

S/O to Morgan Stamper who also had 20 points in the JV game, if i heard the announcer correctly.

I do hope that #20 Strunk for Walton Verona recovers from her fall tonight.

Simon Kenton played a strong defensive game from the start. Quite a few deflections and steals during the game from SK.

This year's SK team is quick, has very good ball movement during the game and more balanced scoring from starters and importantly from the bench.

SK had three players scoring double digits: Ally Niece -14, Kendyl Gilliam -13, and Morgan Stamper -10.

S/O to Morgan Stamper who also had 20 points in the JV game, if i heard the announcer correctly.

Do you think they are over using Stamper on JV? I thought extra JV playing time might have contributed to her recent injury. She was sorely missed against Sacred Heart.