Simon Kenton 71 Walton Verona 42

Agree ball89

Balanced scoring will help this team against some of the states top teams. The good news is they still have a lot where they can improvem

Ball movement is good at times but we still have a few that hold it when one more quick pass and you have a wide open shot. Especially against the zone. I thought they did a really good job against waltons 1-3-1. They were well prepared to see that zone. Also had the kids in great position against the 2-3 but we were our own worst enemy when we moved the ball a few players would stop the ball movement as if they wanted to shoot when all they had to do was swing the ball one more time. Also blew several fast breaks when the primary ball handler kept the ball when a team mate was wide open for an uncontested layup. PASS and get the guaranteed 2. Team ball not me ball. Good news out of that though is they created these opportunities thru good defense.

This team is fun to watch when they get after you defensively. I can tell you that if your not interested in playing hard defense the coaches have plenty on the bench that will. Girls missed a bunch of rotations in the first half on there press, but looked much better in 2nd half and that's what created the separation on the score. Sk did a really nice job rebounding. Probably best effort of the season.

If they can continue to play hard defense, get their defensive rotations down (if your not interested you not playing mentality from coaches). Rebound, take care of ball and move it. No ball stoppers. This team will continue to improve leaps and bounds. After watching sk bench play. There girls they put in late are long and can really get after it. If teams think they can let up when they are in that is a mistake. This group comes in with more energy and is hungry to prove they should get minutes. They are developing nicely and can see them playing key roles somewhere this season

As I said earlier. Walton is a good team. They really handled the ball under pressure and played hard. Sk defense eventually got to them onseveral key chunks that allowed them to pull ahead and continue to distance.

I don't agree that Walton isn't athletic. They seemed to be athletic but were just overwhelmed tonight

Meier not hurt. You are correct though. She needs to put herself in the conversation.

Are they playing a different style than in the past? Meaning now that they have depth and athletes, are they running and getting out and defending more? Is that possibly why her name has fallen off. That's not a knock, just possibly a different strategy that lends itself to a speed game? I have no idea, just asking. I like her game and I know they will need her somewhere along the line.

I think your are right in the fact sk is out running and pressing more. That's one element, another is she seems to post at times and girls just simply look at her and don't give her the ball. Then I think she becomes tired or frustrated and doesn't post

She could flat out dominate a game if she was fed the rock and finished It would be good to see her force fed one game just to see what she could do with volume opportunities. But she has to want it too.

She has the ability to be one of the most dominate players. Whoever gets her in college could find a gem. If she ever decides to commit to becoming the best version of herself. I haven't seen many that stop her