Bracken County @ Augusta Predictions - 2/13/16

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Augusta (17-6)
    • Bracken County (14-9)

The Panthers are coming off a 77-44 win over St. Pat on Friday night. The Polar Bears defeated Williamstown on Thursday's senior night, 79-67.

Augusta won at Bracken County on Dec. 08, 98-94 in double overtime.

What are your thoughts about this one in the Panther's Den Saturday night?

Both teams on winning streaks, but you can throw records out the window on this rivalry. Hinson knows Panthers strengths and I am sure will have a solid game plan to attempt to disrupt their mental composure and smart play. If he can turn this into an emotional game Polar Bears will steal this one in the Den. Believe Panthers Senior Leadership and Coach Kirk will not allow this to happen and Augusta wins by 5.

I think both teams are coming into this with momentum behind them, I look for Hinson and the Bears have a good plan for tonight even though I believe neither team wants to show a lot considering they could possibly see each other in a few weeks in the district finals. I look for Crawford to do what he does and get to the rim to put up 32 points. But I also think Kirk and his panthers are really rolling right now and look for the senior leadership to win this one in a barn burner again 72-67 free throws at the end puts it to 5 down the stretch

It isn't senior night but there is a chili supper to support the seniors from 5-7!! As far as the game, you can bet the atmosphere will be amazing. They'll tell you it's just another game on the schedule we all know better. I expect it to be a battle from beginning to end. Have to give credit to the Polar Bears for the way they've played since Jacob Hamilton went down, but the Panthers have been on quite a roll themselves. This group of seniors at Augusta have only lost to Bracken County once(10-1) in their high school careers and if this is their last crack at them, they don't want to lose again. I've said it many times, if you can make it, it's worth the $4 you'll pay to get in. But if you can't make it and are still interested, go to Augusta Independent Schools and I'll have all the play by play action around 7:30.

Big game for Bracken......not so much for Augusta. Panther's goal will be play hard but avoid injury. Bracken has an advantage in this one I think since they'll bring all they got. Even the "homers" will lose faith if they go 0-2 vs' Augusta, no win at Class A and watch the Region from the stands again.