Arnold 4 & 6 rbs

Miller 2 & 6 rbs

14/33 FG

4/14 3FG

15/15 FT (Englemon 6/6 McClendon 6/6)

Score by qtr:

Holmes 14-10-11-14---49

Covcath 11-14-9-23--57

Holmes played very good for about 3 and a half quarters, thought they had some defensive break downs late, had to foul Covington Catholic and they shoot free throws extremely well. Holmes forced some shots late. Very impressed with CCH defense. Best of luck to both teams the rest of the year, could be an entertaining 35 th district.

Did CCH do anything special to cause McClendon to shoot 3/16?

Not really...I don't remember seeing Covcath face guard him or do anything special. He simply didn't make shots that he normally makes. Also had to force some tough 3's late with Covcath pulling away.

Stat of the game:

Points of Turnovers: Covcath 12 Holmes 2

Ball game

Covcath went to a 2-1-2 press late in the game which allowed them to get some turnovers and points in transition at the other end.

I felt the key point in the game was when Holmes went up 3 (39-36) to start the 4th qtr then got a defensive stop to add to the momentum. Next possession McClendon takes his man off the dribble, finds a wide open Greene down low for what should have been an easy 2 to put Holmes up 5, Greene misses, Colonels respond with a 6-0 run to go up 42-39. Holmes would get it back to 1 a few times after that but could never get over the hump to regain the lead due to turnovers.

Holmes was down 46-45 with just over 2 minutes left but Andy Flood hit a DEEP 3 to put the Colonels up 4 and pretty much seal the win.

Ruthsatz and CVH were money from the FT line down the stretch with Ruthsatz making 4 straight on back to back possessions.

A side note from last night...Commodore/Miller v Fredrick/Ruthsatz is going to be a lot of fun to watch these next two years. All four sophomores played pretty well last night.

Commodore had the highlight of the night making CJ fall on a nasty crossover but Fredrick got the win and played better overall. Really good battle between Miller and Ruthsatz at both ends as well. Ruthsatz a little stronger and better scorer right now but I really like both players. First time seeing LJ get extended minutes at the varsity level and he looked like he belonged. Rebounds very well for his size.

Dagger.

Flood hit that big three to extend the lead to 4. Then had a big block on Moore at the other end. Then grabbed a defensive rebound and drew a foul at the other end (Unless it was Mayer that went to the line?). Either way, Andy had three straight possessions where he did it all at both ends to kind of put Holmes away.

I really hope he isn't serious about not wanting to play at the next level. He could be a very good player at the D3 level. I'm told he just wants to go to UK and be a student.