Bluegrasspreps' Class 5A Rankings (10/12)

Ram

1. Bowling Green vs. Barren County

2. Pulaski County vs. South Laurel

3. Owensboro at Apollo

4. Fern Creek at Iroquois

5. Southwestern at Lincoln County

6. Christian County at Graves County

7. North Laurel at Perry County Central

8. Covington Catholic vs. #10 Highlands (10/17)

9. South Oldham vs. Bullitt Central

10. Highlands at #8 Covington Catholic (10/17)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are Bowling Green and Pulaski County on a collision course for another? Can Owensboro stop Bowling Green from getting there? Is Southwestern the spoiler? Don't forget Fern Creek. Big game in NKY with #8 Covington Catholic facing #10 Highlands. Which team rights the ship and saves the season? Of course, there will be a round two of this game, maybe.

I just don't understand how every week you all put Highlands back in. They are 2-5, I know there schedule is very tough but they are still 2-5! There are some other 5A schools who have won some games this year, and deserve to be in that spot.

I just don't understand how every week you all put Highlands back in. They are 2-5, I know there schedule is very tough but they are still 2-5! There are some other 5A schools who have won some games this year, and deserve to be in that spot.

The Bluegrasspreps Rankings are based on what team the Ranking Staff thinks is better, not records. Many other rankings will consistently rank teams based on record alone and we all complain about that practice. The BGP Ranking Staff actually watch these teams play and bases their decisions on who they think is better.

With that said, what teams do you think should be in the discussion? Give us some information on those teams so everyone can make their own decision.

Greenwood high is 6-1 and have had a lot of success this year. There schedule may be what some call "weak" but they have done there job and ran away with many games this year early.

Anderson County has lost some games but they have also beat some decent teams. They opened up the year with a nice win against South Oldham.

Greenwood high is 6-1 and have had a lot of success this year. There schedule may be what some call "weak" but they have done there job and ran away with many games this year early.

Anderson County has lost some games but they have also beat some decent teams. They opened up the year with a nice win against South Oldham.

The Bluegrasspreps Ranking Staff has Greenwood at #11 and have been watching them closely. Greenwood is a quality team and has a good chance to prove themselves in the playoffs.

Anderson County is currently at #12. They had a good thing going but took a loss to Franklin County that they should have won. Put that with their losses to Paul Dunbar and a lopsided loss to Boyle County and they have moved down from where they were. The Franklin County loss is really what hurt them the most. Like Greenwood, Anderson County is a good team and can do some damage in the playoffs.

Rankings with each team's Opponents W - L record:

1. Bowling Green 29 - 21

2. Pulaski County 18 -31

3. Owensboro 28 - 25

4. Fern Creek 24 - 34

5. Southwestern 22 - 29

6. Christian County 33 - 26

7. North Laurel 16 - 43

8. Covington Catholic 34 - 15

9. South Oldham 14 - 38

10. Highlands 31 - 19

11. Greenwood 22 - 30

12. Anderson County 28 - 23

Rankings with each team's Opponents W - L record:

1. Bowling Green 29 - 21

2. Pulaski County 18 -31

3. Owensboro 28 - 25

4. Fern Creek 24 - 34

5. Southwestern 22 - 29

6. Christian County 33 - 26

7. North Laurel 16 - 43

8. Covington Catholic 34 - 15

9. South Oldham 14 - 38

10. Highlands 31 - 19

11. Greenwood 22 - 30

12. Anderson County 28 - 23

Colonel, Thanks for taking the time to put this together. This provides a strength of schedule crystal clear!

It will be interesting to see what South Oldham does over the last three weeks. They play Bullitt Central (6-3), North Bullitt (7-1) and Shelby County (6-1). South Oldham graduated a large senior class and this season is a very young team that after the Anderson County game settled on the QB spot, a wingback spot and among other positions. Since then they have won convincingly in each game. Agree 14-38 is not a good record for opponents but they play who is on the schedule. See what happens I guess.

Lost 3 in a row till this weekend and 2 of their wins were against a bad GRC team and a not very good Mercer Co team. Their win this weekend was against what many have said is an underperforming Woodford team.

Anderson is my team and who I root for...but right now they are probably about where they should be in the rakings.

Highlands, on the other hand...well I have always said you have to win some games to get ranked. I've not seen them play this year but at 2-5...I personaly would struggle to put them top 10. I know they have had a tough schedule, but got to win some of those games too.

I know they have had a tough schedule, but got to win some of those games too.
Tough schedule is a double edged sword; win and you look great and you get better. Lose and you can still get better hopefully but in the mean time your looking for someone to pat you on the back and tell you its ok.

lol! It's all good people. For some reason, people continue to question this years Highlands team. Yes they are 2-5. Yes it's a very very down year for their expectations. But if we look at it, isn't CovCath sitting at 2-5? Yes they are and ranked at #8. And deserving so. Probably a little low in my opinion. I actually see a Regional Championship game this year between Highlands and CovCath again! If that takes place, who would be the favorite to play the winner of that game in the Semi's? Asking because I'm uncertain at this point. Would Greenwood be there with their current 5-4A teams, 1-2A team, and 1-5A team schedule strength? Guessing maybe that's why they are not ranked. It's all good though with all the Highlands talk. At least even when they are not at 7-0 or 6-1 at this point of the season, people are still talking about them. How many other team can say that. I'll take it either way. Good luck the rest of the season to all the 5a teams. I really think this is a 4 team race at this point.