Apologies to James "Beetle" Bolden (Bolden has been added to the Team)

On behalf of the BGP Basketball ranking crew I want to formally apologize to James Bolden. James Bolden is and was expected to be a member of the All BGP Boys Basketball team. James Bolden was considered a lock for the team and should be a part of the All BGP team. Somehow during the construction of the team his name was mistakenly shuffled off of the list and it was an oversight on our part. As one of the leaders of the rankings I take full responsibility for this oversight because it is inexcusable. We do value the integrity and credibility of our rankings so we will not be able to add James Bolden to the team because we do not want to take any of the deserving players that made the team off of the list nor do we want to start a precedent of adding players to the list after the fact. At the same time, we do feel the need to let James Bolden and our members know that we messed up and feel horribly for doing so. We never meant to leave James Bolden off of our list. I hope there aren't any hard feelings anywhere and we all wish James the best of luck at West Virginia.

We do apologize for our mistake. We are sorry for the oversight. We will do all that we can to be much better going forward.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the intention was to have him on the team and a mistake was made, I see no reason he shouldn't be added as a +1. Personal opinion, of course, but integrity and credibility takes a hit by refusing to have a player on the list that was only left off by error. The only precedent set is if the same mistake is made again going forward, it will be corrected to the best of your ability. Just my take...

If the intention was to have him on the team and a mistake was made, I see no reason he shouldn't be added as a +1. Personal opinion, of course, but integrity and credibility takes a hit by refusing to have a player on the list that was only left off by error. The only precedent set is if the same mistake is made again going forward, it will be corrected to the best of your ability. Just my take...

Good point and after some more discussion that could be a possibility. My main issue is to not take anyone off of the team as a result. At the same time the team has always had 10 players on it and had we been on top of things like we should have been and expect ourselves to be then Beetle would be on the team and someone on the team currently would not be on it.

Good point and after some more discussion that could be a possibility. My main issue is to not take anyone off of the team as a result. At the same time the team has always had 10 players on it and had we been on top of things like we should have been and expect ourselves to be then Beetle would be on the team and someone on the team currently would not be on it.

I totally get not wanting to take anyone off, and 100% agree. Having it at 11 one time because of a simple error isn't going to damage the credibility of the list...

Think of it like this.

You don't want to "penalize" the 10th guy on the list by removing him for a guy you simply forgot to include. By not doing so, which I agree with, the guy being "penalized" is the one you forgot to add. That isn't his fault either.

It's a list. Big deal. #10 shouldn't lose his spot, but that shouldn't punish the mistake either...