Arizona State names Bobby Hurley new coach.

LRCW

I think it's a great move for Bobby. It will be a place where we can really see how good of a coach he is. He can't hide in a little conference full of mid majors and now competes with the big boys.

I i like him as a coach but this will be a true indication of how good of a coach he really is. If he has just a little bit of his dad's coaching abilities he will be very successful.

This is is the perfect fit and the perfect place to test his abilities.

Excellent move and I am happy to see it. One year at Buffalo and on to Arizona State. Good for him. Time to show and prove.

He was out Buffalo for two seasons but regardless ASU comes out winners on this deal. I think Hurley will do fine at ASU and continue to climb the coaching ladder.

[/b]

Hahaha... I live in the Midwest, not the West, but yea... Arizona State and Duke are not really comparable in that sense. Not that Arizona State doesn't have it's virtues, just that they might not be the same.

I meant they will become a Duke our west. I know they are no where close to a Duke now. I expect Bobby to set himself up to succeed Coach K at Duke. That's what I'm hoping. Or maybe Wojo from Marquette.

I meant they will become a Duke our west. I know they are no where close to a Duke now. I expect Bobby to set himself up to succeed Coach K at Duke. That's what I'm hoping. Or maybe Wojo from Marquette.

I got you. I just meant, as someone who knows an ASU alum or two, the kids who go there have different goals from the kids who go to Duke. Nothing wrong with that. Each school has it's own virtues. Shouldn't be hard to recruit to ASU.

;)